Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Engine driven compressor???
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I have a big York engine driven compressor, Its not installed on my truck yet but I was wondering if anyone was running one on their air ride if so I would like to see some pics. Also I was wondering about oiling the compressor. Some have told me its internal and some have told me to install an oiler. Any help on the subject is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Engine driven compressor???
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:21 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

When in doubt, ask a professional!

http://www.SuicideDoors.com

For all sales and technical questions, please contact:
rickyf@suicidedoors.com (812)-782-3581 ext 223
matt@suicidedoors.com (812)-782-3581 ext 224

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm 

I run an EDC on my 88 Lincoln town car I just run 10w30 in mine just add a lil every few months never had an oiler on one and never had any problems either if you give me your e-mail ill send you some pics I also had one on my ranger

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:13 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

yea the Previous Poster is right. just make sure to check the oil every month or so. ur going to need to fab up a dipstick to check the oil level. i used a coat hanger for mine polished up so you can see the oil level. i think i got the diagram on the "how to" somewhere....
Oil Dipstick Specs

York 210 Specs

Napa Serpentine Belt Clutch #
part # is 94843

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:46 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

wow. Lots of help. Thanks guys. That first black and white diagram looks exactly like my compressor. very cool. I'll check out that link too. Thanks again. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:02 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Im liking this slammed guy more and more.Lol

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:37 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

TwiztedAnimator wrote:
Im liking this slammed guy more and more.Lol

been around the block a few times with eveything custom cars/trucks brotha!!!!! :lol: :D im like a walking WIKI when it comes to everything automotive.

Hell i could do the *how to* write ups around here if needed.....

Last edited by Slammed98S10 on Sun May 09, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:40 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

EDIT: on the oil to use.....this was from a conversation from a R&D tech for *York*

(1) If your EDC is silver PAINT it black – the high temp black paint will dissipate the heat better then the bare aluminum.
(2) The heat of the EDC should NEVER exceed 250F this was cause oil break down and head damage.
(3) Why do the EDC pass so much oil? Because they only have one ring for oil this alone will not stop all oil passage.
(4) If this is used as an air compressor the ‘PISSER’ hole as they say "oil mod" it. Needs to be blocked. THIS WILL NOT affect the compressor in negative way.
(5) At the temps we run them at we need to run 30 or 40 weight oil no multi oil like 10W30 the chemicals that make it multi oil will break down and it will act like 10weight.
(6) The oil used must be non foaming oil!! The more it foams the more it will pass!
(7) IF YOU DO THE OIL MOD, YOU MUST VENT THE CRANK CASE!
Or you will hurt the compressor. The vent must be on the side of the compressor that the crank shaft spins away from. The oil splash system will form a standing wave on the wall of the compressor.
(8) Grade 5 bolts must be used when mounting to the side of the compressor your are screwing into aluminum so keep this in mind.

(8) Race oil works the best!

york oil mod info here
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/york_oilmod.html

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:36 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

so how do you "vent" the crank? do I have to drill or is there a bolt to be removed? Im not sure I understand why it needs to be vented. :?: (trying not to sound like a moron. ;) )

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

N8dawg wrote:
so how do you "vent" the crank? do I have to drill or is there a bolt to be removed? Im not sure I understand why it needs to be vented. :?: (trying not to sound like a moron. ;) )
there is a link on my above post on how to do the oil mod. ill try to get clearer *how to* tonight

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next