Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Spam / scammer....user: Faisal
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm 

Auto replies from a computer. Faisal is asking questions that don't pertain to my responses. Read my thread for my account freetime333.....

Post subject: Re: Spam / scammer....user: Faisal
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did some investigating on Faisal and here is what I came up with.

The address he has listed on his account is a real address for a 212 unit apartment complex in Melbourne, Florida near a college campus.

His IP address originates from Indialantic, Florida which is consistent with where he claims to live.

His phone number is a valid phone number but it is from the Virginia Beach area and when I called it, I got a voice mail from a person by a different name.

The messages you received from him are not too suspicious other than the fact that he kept calling your truck a car and he has broken English skills.

He has been a member for 21 days and has only sent messages to 4 different people and the vehicles he is interested in are all very similar in year and appearance. (three Silverados and one S-10).

Most scammers we see on here send hundreds of offers in a matter of hours after registering an account with us.

If you are interested in making a deal with this guy, go ahead and email him the pictures he requested and ask him for his phone number so you can have a conversation with him to get a better feel if he is the real deal or not. If he offers to send you a cashier's check without even seeing your vehicle, DO NOT accept it. Back in the day Cashier's checks were as good as CA$H but not any more. If he wants to meet up and check out your truck, meet in a local business parking lot with lots of people nearby (most WalMart stores have security cameras in their parking lots) and bring a friend with you. If he pays you in cash, make sure the money is real. Hold it up to the light and look for the background face watermark of the president on the right side of the bill (make sure the faces match) and also look for the security strip and verify the dollar amount. Bill checking markers are NOT a good method for detecting fake money. I had someone pay me with a $100 bill and it was a $5 bill that was bleached and had a $100 bill printed on it instead. The president's face didn't match the background watermark face and the security strip did not say $100. Because the paper is real the marker would say it was good even though it was not. Let us know how it goes please.

Hope this helps.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]