Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Scammer or should I say Thief
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

User Joeymills21 just sold me a set of 20 inch tires. We worked a deal and he brought them here to my work for a additional 20 bucks. When he arrived 1 of the tires had a plug sticking out the side, I told him you cant do that and what do you want for the other 3. He settled on 150 bucks and I threw a 20 at him for gas. So total spent for 3 20 inch tires 170.00 not bad. Bought a 4th tire of tire rack and went to have them installed. All three of the tires he sold me had been stabbed in the sidewall. That would explain his Retarded attempt at fixing the 4th tire. You couldnt see the damage till they mounted and hit them with air. He now won't answer his phone, and I'm pissed. He Stole 170.00 dollars from me and he knows it. I'm filing charges locally. Don't know what good it will do.

At any rate, he still has items for sale on this site. He didnt scam me, he stole money from me and used this site to do it. He needs to be removed, IP banned whatever you do.

Post subject: Re: Scammer or should I say Thief
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm 

Sounds to me like you didn't get robbed , you just didn't look at the tires to good, and you didnt know what to look for. If your buying wheels and tires, why wouldn't the tires have air in them in the first place? You looked at them, bought them, now you say he stole money from you? Maybe you should actually look at them , ask questions, and then ask why the hell they are so cheap in the first place. common sense, It's online buying and trading.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Tires didn't have air in them because there just tires, noone said Wheels. If you sell something that you know is F'd, its robbery. I asked if there were any problems, and 50 bucks a piece for used tires isn't cheap. You couldn't see any visible damage to the tires, I looked at them.

On a side note if you post your vehicle twice Admins jump all over you, but if you use the site to intentionally rip someone off the admins could give a crap. Anything seem wrong there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I'll throw something out there. Maybe he got them on trade, never had them mounted and really didn't know they were crap ??? :? It's funny how people always think the worse. :o :o There are two sides to every story and so far we only know one. Post a link to his adds so we can see him. I'm not defending him, just wanna know the other half.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

He had them on his truck, his words. Sold the rims and not the tires, his words. The mautofied listing is gone already but found that he still has a craigslist ad up with the tires on it. Actually mention a plug in the bad one that I didn't purchase, didn't mention its out the sidewall though. Ive texted, called, found him on facebook, after I commented he blocked me.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/pts/2203737898.html

His other crap here.

http://www.mautofied.com/_15-Wheels/listing/100372145/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Im gonna jump in here for the Admins could give a crap.... If everybody that says they got robbed, ripped off, scammed, screwed, or whatever else there is and we locked them out do u know how many people would be left?? Not defending anybody but u have to see our side too.. Im a Admin and have been taken from people on the site and they are still on here... Cant lock everybody when things dont go the right way. Thats why its a buyer beware thing..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 am 

Thats still messed up,but ive been screwed 2, all u can do is look real close and if something doesnt seem right dont do it. i believe everyone that gets reported for selling b/s should be banned. but then again, u would get people that did a trade and thought they got ripped would start complaining and like the admin said, there wouldnt be very many people left. sorry to hear about ur loss man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Its too hard to buy used tires from private sellers unless its a friend. If ur tight on money just goto a used tire shop. That is ur best bet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:26 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Moneys not a problem, it was just a good deal. Good deal all the way up till i had them mounted. Tires looked like new. Bought a full set from the place that mounted them for me. I just dont like having 900 dollars in 8 tires. At least I have a spare that I got from tire rack.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm 

we all learn from mishaps just have to be more careful and move on i know it sucks ive traded and two days l8ter it flew to crap oh well :twisted:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next