Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 100+ offers and still holding out?! Waste of time...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:05 pm 

You guys don't get me wrong...I believe no one should settle for something they don't want..I do. And I support holding out till you get what you want. That's not the issue and you guys are the exception. 50 bagged truck offers when that's not going to do you no good..I understand. It's the few who "just want to see what's out there" but give no one a clue as to what they want and secretly have no intentions on dealing. And really that's fine...let them play there game. But for the rest of us mere mortals who don't have cash or enough cash or a Poshe to trade for a dependable ride, I would just like a way of filtering thru all the, my rides gold and your rides crap, listings. Just a way for simple common folk who don't have a Porshe or a lot of cash to just simply barter with like minded members. I have been known to be out of place and I may be here, if that's the case, no offense meant! I've been thru eBay and crookslist(craigeslist) and so far this site shows enormous promise, it's great! One of the best out there. Just a way to separate the elite from the mortals....maybe tiered listing..ie..0 to 5000.00 range and 5000.00 to 10000.00 range etc...that will give us a clue for what someone believes there stuff is worth and barter accordingly. My two cents to vent..and to my fellow members...Thank you very much!
Shane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:14 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Summit wrote:
TwiztedAnimator wrote:
In all seriousness, as far as exposure and stirring up the most offers goes, listing bumps are the way to go. I have been able to experiment with this first hand and with just a few bumps increased my views by over 200 in one day and out of that about 1 in every 15 views sent me an offer. Buy em' or dont...Im just telling you they work.

That is exactly what I was doing until this last listing. I can definately tell a BIG difference in having the Bumps as to NOT having them. Just wish I had went ahead and Purchased the Bumps this time.

You can still add them or worst case scenario, redo the ad which takes 5 mins.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:31 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Twizted....

It isnt giving me the Option of adding Bumps, since it is a FREE AD. Also, the last time I redid one of my Listings, I got a Warning for it. Am I missing something? I dont have a Problem waiting the 30 Days to Expire though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

if u hostly think that the amount of offers you have shoudl determine if u sell it or not is stupid as hell. i am one of the few ppl that have exact specifics on what i want and more than half my offers are way off, either by price or what i want. and it all depends if ppl like your car i have had dozens of ppl offer me 5k car/trucks but i just delete them

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm 

Bumps do help big time..it puts you in the new column..more views..
:P :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I don't know about everybody but I almost NEVER look at the first 5 pages of cars listed. Most are bumps and ultimate and premium listings that are the same as the day before, and before, and possibly the day before that. The bumps do help but I think it all boils down to if someone wants what you are selling !!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ON MY COMMAND, UNLEASH HELL !!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

OUTCAST13 wrote:
I don't know about everybody but I almost NEVER look at the first 5 pages of cars listed. Most are bumps and ultimate and premium listings that are the same as the day before, and before, and possibly the day before that. The bumps do help but I think it all boils down to if someone wants what you are selling !!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ON MY COMMAND, UNLEASH HELL !!

I agree completely. I wouldnt buy something i didnt want. but bumps increase exposure and i most certainly may buy something i didnt know I wanted.... The right combination of both is the key.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:09 pm 

yep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

The Bumps definately help. I have had 4 more Offers since I bumped my AD about an hour or so ago. But, I do agree with Outcast also.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:22 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Summit wrote:
The Bumps definately help. I have had 4 more Offers since I bumped my AD about an hour or so ago. But, I do agree with Outcast also.

Excellent, hopefully you get what you're looking for. ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2