Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARE YOU F****** KIDDING ME WITH THIS CRAP
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:53 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Grammar errors, Could we make punctuation mandatory !!!!!!! I've read I can't count how many adds with no commas, periods, nothing !! Everytime I feel just a little dumber and am sad because I know that 5 minutes I'll never get back .........

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: BEYOND DRIVEN

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In my years of being associated with the site not only as member but as an administrator too, I have been amazed to find some of the offers and questions I get in my inbox. For a specific example, about a week ago in fact, I had someone submit me a question on a listing of mine. Well this listing has been marked as sold for almost a year now. What I can not fathom is the fact that on top of the listing, just like all sold listings, it has a caption with BIG RED LETTERS saying its sold, and not only that I put "sold sold sold sold" in the space that Im allowed to submit a comment. And this doofus send me a question asking if I would take his truck and cash for it. I could not help but to respond with a sarcastic response.

Now with all the junk offers that are constantly being submitted. That just comes with the territory of using this site. Its a diverse mix of users that do this. It ranges from the people that have vehicles that are just plain obnoxious, poorly crafted, a big mistake all together, and definite failure types of cirucumstances that hope and pray that they might stumble across someone, as slim, to non existing as the chance might be, that would, in a nut shell, trade something for nothing more or less.

Or its the people that are desperately hoping to find some way to upgrade their status of vehicle. This can happen if done the correct way and tastefully. I have done it over the past 8 or so years. But you have the dopes on here trying to skip a few leagues and trade there 1988 such and such for a 2000+ such and such with basically the same mods. Now come on. if you think realistically, why would anyone in there right mind trade a 2000 bagged and body dropped custom painted on wheels and stereo truck for a 1990 bagged and body dropped custom paint wheels and stereo (assuming that all conditions are similar).

I find it hilarious as well when i come across (for example) 2002 Chevy 1500 4x4 that is tastefully lifted and has some nice things done and its priced reasonably for say $14l to $15k or so, then you see the idiot that has a 1997 Chevy 1500 4x4 with a lift and the same things and he thinks its worth $14k as well. Or the guys with the 1992 trucks with the massive lift kits and huge as wheels thinking that its worth $20,000.... I wouldnt give $10,000 for it. For right around the same $20K mark I can get something alot newer and nicer.

In the end result, no matter the pretense of the argument or complaint, usually it all runs back down to the concept of most of the users on Mautofied, whether they have something worthy or not listed on here, want the best possible trade they can achieve. Some of the users just simply over step the boundaries (I consider it disrespectful myself) to offer a vehicle to someone for another vehicle that isnt even close in comparrison. From two totally different playing fields. My advice to anyone that tries to reach for the sky when trading, if you really wanna move up the status, start by swinging from the branches first. You will get farther along. Look at me. I started with a 1995 Chevy S-10 about 9 years ago. Now 50something or so vehicles later, im owning 2 at a time, that are new, decent, nice, and have money in the bank from selling and trading vehicles on here and being smart about it.

Thats my .02

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:47 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

So is the truck still for sale ????? LOL !!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:27 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

redirwol, i agree completely. theres money to be made if you use the barter system correctly, but some people are just ignorant when it comes to these types of things.

My personal favorite is when someone offers you something almost the same, but a lot older, or not as modified.

Say if I were to offer you a 1992 Honda CBR 600 f2 for your 06 CBR 1000. I've had similar happen. lol, like seriously, did you REALLY expect for me to say yes? :lol:

That, or "hey, wanna trade your bagged and bodied 02 silverado for my stock 00 model with 353k miles?" Some people never learn.

I'm still in support of a mental aptitude test before someone is allowed to post.

BTW, on the subject of grammar, when you go to submit an offer, the header on the page reads "Sumbit"

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:21 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

actually your wrong for saying 18" at the most because they are 19" rims also it was from my old listing i paid for it and the next day i sold it to carmax and im not about to waste 50 bucks and i still want a lifted truck

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

lol you know you can edit listings right?

im still interested to hear how/why you installed carpet.. over carpet. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:28 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

ya i know i can.... idk y ur all up by butt about it i put the pic up before i had time to edit my listing. also have you ever heard of like industrial carpet. its made to withstand water mud and simple wear and tare. i cut it out to exactly fit inside the cab. so carpet ontop of carpet. the original factory carpet is 100% perfect :lol: :lol: :lol: its really not funny

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:10 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ROFLMMFAO.....

So his carpet is
I dont use punctuation because im just lazy like that lol! Ill telll you what though this is funny. :lol:

ERIC, you said it all my friend...church was in session.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:07 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Honestly, When I first started going to this website stuff like this shocked me. But now Ive come to realize people are getting dumber and dumber... I guess it just comes natural to these people?

And another thing that beats my meat( :lol: ) is when people trade for something...And then in the description write done all this stuff thats done to it and put prices beside it like they paid for the stuff...? WTF? (i.e I got a buddy that trades ALOT(probably to much) and he just got a new vehicle. Well it CAME with 24's already on it, But in his listing he puts "my wheels cost me rite at $1000 apiece and $360 a tire"...uhh NO they didnt?) haha

P.B.K

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:44 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ThaKING6922 wrote:
Honestly, When I first started going to this website stuff like this shocked me. But now Ive come to realize people are getting dumber and dumber... I guess it just comes natural to these people?

And another thing that beats my meat( :lol: ) is when people trade for something...And then in the description write done all this stuff thats done to it and put prices beside it like they paid for the stuff...? WTF? (i.e I got a buddy that trades ALOT(probably to much) and he just got a new vehicle. Well it CAME with 24's already on it, But in his listing he puts "my wheels cost me rite at $1000 apiece and $360 a tire"...uhh NO they didnt?) haha

Yeah like we havent seen the vehicle on here and KNOW you traded for it lol.
Or how about when youve had your eye on something and you check the guys seller history and in his comments on one of his sold items he says "traded for a nice ___" and thats what you've had your eye on of his.Then he tries to pull that same crap, saying he has all this money in it and you just saw the piece of crap he traded for it lol.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next