Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Advice for Buying on Mautofied
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you have bought a vehicle or parts on mautofied before please share with the community if you have a method that works best for you and keeps you out of trouble.

We want to hear your advice for all the new users who are thinking about buying.

Post subject: Re: Advice for Buying on Mautofied
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am 

I am looking at buying a car on here from a guy in Texas..I live in Ohio and was planning to have the car transported here..My question is : What is going to be my best approach to buying the car and not getting taken for my hard earned money? How should I transfer the funds and when? I've read something about a attorney prepared bill of sale, but I'm not familiar with it? I am used to selling and buying cars the old fashioned way - by a hand to hand transaction..Any help would be greatly appreciated..If not, I'll probably air on the side of caution and not buy the car at all since the risk of being taken are too high these days..

Thanks again for your time,
Zack D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is what I did when I bought my Denali on eBay a couple years ago. First I ran a CarFax on it then I selected a Chevy dealer near the seller and asked if they would check out the Denali to make sure it is in good mechanical condition and in no need of mechanical or bodywork or if it appeared to have ever been in an accident. I called the seller and asked him to drop the truck off at the dealer for a couple hours so they could inspect it. He agreed and when the inspection was done I paid for it with a credit card over the phone and they faxed me their inspection report. Everything checked out so I booked a one-way flight to LaGuardia Airport in New York. The seller picked me up at the airport and I proceeded to test drive the vehicle and gave it my own inspection. I brought a cashiers check for $1,000 less than the eBay purchase price along with $1,000 in cash just in case there were any issues with the truck that deserved some cash off the deal. (which there wasn't). Everything was good so we did the deal then I dropped him off at home and then I drove home.

I would NEVER recommend anyone buy a vehicle that they have not seen in person. I had the Chevy dealer do a primary inspection so I didn't waste money on a flight.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:41 pm 

guys i need some help i am wanting to buy this atv,has anyone heard of elitefreightshippers?they have a website,but i cannot get a phone number to talk to them.anyway i am to send the money to this company,they hold on to it until i get my atv check it out and if all is cool then i release the money. the guy selling is on work in london,and the agent is n london aswell. my question is the seller wife dropped atv off at elitefrieghtshippers in olympia wa i had to register with is companymi got a invoice number ,should i trust this guy or what???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:47 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

No. It's a scam and you will lose your money. NOONE has a warehouse full of cars, trucks, and ATV's for people waiting to sell them so they can be shipped out. It's a very common scam and there will be no way for you to get your money back when nothing get's delivered.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:46 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I have a warehouse full of cars I'd love to sell ..........................................

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DO NOT!!!

I REPEAT. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THIS GUY!!!

He is a scammer and I just locked, closed, and banned his account. This is actually a very common scam where they offer something for sale at a ridiculously low price then they say that they are "out of the area" for any number of reasons and they will ship it to you. Don't fall for it. There is no 4-wheeler. It's only a dream. Sorry.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]