Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: ANYONE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN A 1967 MUSTANG COUPE???
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:39 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I have gotten a lottttttttttttt of looks at my car, but no one seems interested. The previous owners paint job and lack of prep makes it look bad, but 168,000 original miles driven back and forth from missouri to sc, 90% rust free, original drive train. daily daily driver. what am i missing here. i got thick skin, so if you view it and see an issue let me know. i got it to redo and drive my blazer, daughters foreign car ate the motor, so i gave her my blazer and had to start driving the stang. i do not want to put alot of miles on it and now dont have the time to redo and drive and afford a different vehicle. so if interested please let me know. i wont travel except local and i dont have any extra money, but if you are serious and got a trade, let me know. may trade down, depending on the vehicle. if you see an issue i dont see. please let me know. just want it in the right hands. right now that isnt me. thanks. take care.

Post subject: Re: ANYONE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN A 1967 MUSTANG COUPE???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:18 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Looks like a good candidate for a custom restore project. That's a great year for anyone looking to build a hot rod.
As far as the value, the only way the original running gear would appeal to anyone would be if they were particularly interested in a stock restoration, but even then, the market value would not equal the amount it would take to restore it, so that narrows that market down to only a few people who really desire to have a factory 6 car, and not a v8 car.
The only market I could see being interested in taking it on as a project would be a hot rodder. Someone who would want to ditch all of the stock line and build it for performance and looks. Bigger market, but still, only to those who would want to invest a good bit to upgrade everything.
I could see your car being worth around $2500, as long as most of it is there, and there isn't a whole lot of "hidden" structural rust or fatigue.
If it was restored 100% original, the value would probably be less than $10k, whereas it would probably cost close to $20k to do it.
If it were to be custom built from the ground up, upgrading and performance built, the value could be anywhere from $15-$20, all depending on what kind of upgrades were done and the quality of the build, which could cost anywhere from $25-30k.
It would be a good base for a custom build, but beyond that, I do not believe that the condition of the drivetrain, mileage, little defects or glitches really matter much to a prospective buyer because they would probably just want it for a build, not a daily driver.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:30 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

my insurance has it appraised at 6500. kbb and blue book have it at 5500 ok condition and 9500 good and 13,500 great. real world ive seen v8 cars but in bad condition not running in peices sell for 5000 quick, but because it is a good running everyday driver, with original lowwwww milage, but is 6 cyl no one is serious about the car. the ones that are "serious" as of last week, got 2000 cars that need work. not happening, this car is too nice. sucks no one appreciates classic rust free good running everyday driver american cars. :0(

thanks matt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

If your insurance appraised it at $6500, I say set it on fire on the roadside and collect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:38 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

yotaforce wrote:
If your insurance appraised it at $6500, I say set it on fire on the roadside and collect.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's not funny ....................

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:47 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I was serious about that.

Not that I would ever commit fraud, but I'd be willing to bet you would have to wait a LONG time to find anyone paying close to that much for it. Unless the market turns around.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I dunno what he got out of it, but he has marked it as Sold.... :?:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:53 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I really doubt it. Maybe he realized he really will not get much out of it and decided to keep it and go back to his original plans of fixing it up himself, which would probably be the best case scenerio anyways.
If he sees this, he may just chime in and tell us he got like $10000 for it or something. Not like anyone would believe it though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:39 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

got close to that amount actually, then got two other calls on it. the market is there and have seen some in worse condition go for more. i did ask for opinions, just got to get the right opinions. is all. thanks to everyone with the positive feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

So what's the new owners plans for the car?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]