Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: How do you ensure a trade is 100% completed through shipping
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I bought my wife's Denali out of state and what I did was call a GMC dealer located in the city the truck was in and set up an appointment for the truck to get inspected. I had the owner take it to the dealer and drop it off. When the inspection was complete the dealer called me and let me know everything was good to go and emailed me the inspection sheet. It cost right around $100 but it was money well spent.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

best way is to fly out to wherever the vehicle you want...inspect it and if everything is kosher either A: Rent a Uhaul truck/trailer and tow it home or B: Drive the vehicle home. But before all else...make sure everything is legit..have the owner take a picture of said vehicle (all angles including that days newspaper for date verification) and keep constant communication.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

SuperPatrick wrote:
I bought my wife's Denali out of state and what I did was call a GMC dealer located in the city the truck was in and set up an appointment for the truck to get inspected. I had the owner take it to the dealer and drop it off. When the inspection was complete the dealer called me and let me know everything was good to go and emailed me the inspection sheet. It cost right around $100 but it was money well spent.

thats good a idea also! if its a stock vehicle....what about custom rides?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2