Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Need Out of State Trade/Buying info
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:22 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

It is best to do ohio titles in ohio. You need to have the title notorized into your name by a notary from the ohio title bureau. Then you take the notorized title to your title office and they will do a vin inspection then issue you a title in your name, in your state.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:48 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Yeah thats most likley incorrect information.... If YOUR state does not require the title to be notarized to do a title transfer then you dont have to get it notarized. Notarization is just an official witness that can verify the validity of a document with a stamp specific to the licensed notary public. I has nothing to do with the state of purchase but the state in which the title will be transferred or the state the vehicle will be titled in.

Say for instance you were buying a vehicle on an online auction site and having it shipped from ohio how could a notary witness you sign the title to legally notarize it? The notary could only witness the seller signing the title verifying that he was indeed selling the vehicle and that you did not acquire the title illegally OR vice versa can a person in OHIO not buy a vehicle online without having to drive to the state of purchase, find a notary and have it notarized just so they can title it in thier name in ohio.... just a thought.

Its up to you how to go about this but again you could call your local dmv and tell them what you plan to do and they will most likely tell you what most of us are saying or you might try DMV.org or .com whatever it is and look up the laws per your state but the people at the Dmv will lay it out quicker and in laymans terms.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Thanks TwiztedAnimator, thats what I am going to do (Go to my local DMV). My wife is a Notary, but I dont know if that is only State Wide or Country. I will ask them that question also. Thanks everyone for your Inputs. It was much Appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 pm 

ohio laws suck lol

penn & wv cars coming to ohio you have to have a full inspection and pay taxes on cars worth not what you paid. I just done this last week. it cost me $1000 in taxes on a car i had $800 in. every other state is take car to bmv for $5 and get it inspected(just vin verify) but check with your bmv and ask them if state its coming from is a notary state or not if it is have it notarized if its not dont.

I have had best luck and easiest state is Indiana

I will never trade or buy another car in Pennsylvania or West Virgina with out who ever owns car helping with fees. This is a law thanks to the good Ole Obama is what the BMV Told em

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm 

Also if you wifes a notary(my mom is) She cant notarize a title coming out of your name or going into your name. In the state of Ohio she is not allowed to use her notary stamp to gain anything(Is what my mom was told in her classes) So idk....

I would contact your bmv and if its a Title from another state that has to be notarized it DOES NOT have to be notarized in that state.

for example. I trade a guy from ky he comes to ohio. How can it be notarized by a KY notary? Its where the deal happens is what I have been told.

Also if you buy a car online and have it shipped and its a notary state The seller is supposed to take title to bmv and have it notarized to persons he sold car to before shipping(As long as you have name/address/phone number you can do that)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

tkcaraudio wrote:
Also if you wifes a notary(my mom is) She cant notarize a title coming out of your name or going into your name. In the state of Ohio she is not allowed to use her notary stamp to gain anything(Is what my mom was told in her classes) So idk....

I would contact your bmv and if its a Title from another state that has to be notarized it DOES NOT have to be notarized in that state.

for example. I trade a guy from ky he comes to ohio. How can it be notarized by a KY notary? Its where the deal happens is what I have been told.

Also if you buy a car online and have it shipped and its a notary state The seller is supposed to take title to bmv and have it notarized to persons he sold car to before shipping(As long as you have name/address/phone number you can do that)

Ah ok. But the wife has been Notarizing my Titles both ways. They told her that she isnt allowed to Notorize her own though. I have had a few people from out of state want to do some trading. I just havent yet, so I better be getting my arse up to the DMV, lol. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Dont know if it helps but i got a buddy in Dayton that is a notary maybe he can help u out...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm 

Sir chad called me in, I am your pro on this one. I am a Notary in Ohio. Whenever you buy out of state GO TO THE LOCAL BANK OR NOTARY IN THAT RESPECTIVE STATE, Even if the buyer says no need. Let the notary tell you no need. Once notorized come to ohio, Any Local Tag department will inspect it to insure Vin matches title and milage. It costs 1-3 dollars depending on bmv. Then go to title office and your set... If you need to talk live? 513-267-9479 Sam :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:37 pm 

crazychad wrote:
In IOWA you take the title with signatures of buyer and seller on the back no car no notary no anything just the title pay the taxes on whatever amount you put on the back that you paid for the car, for a trade you pay no taxes just the transfer fee and they give you your plates and a title right there!!!!

Plus i have taken a car from Ohio with a salvage title put it in my name in Iowa and got a clean Iowa title on the car...

I LOVE IOWA :D

No one likes a show off chad lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

samtoler wrote:
crazychad wrote:
In IOWA you take the title with signatures of buyer and seller on the back no car no notary no anything just the title pay the taxes on whatever amount you put on the back that you paid for the car, for a trade you pay no taxes just the transfer fee and they give you your plates and a title right there!!!!

Plus i have taken a car from Ohio with a salvage title put it in my name in Iowa and got a clean Iowa title on the car...

I LOVE IOWA :D

No one likes a show off chad lol

Dont hate the player hate the state!!!! lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next