Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: people who sell cars
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:35 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Easier said than done. Buying and running a site and business like this.
You miss the fact that those free ads is what gets the paid ads in the door here. Plus, you would just end up with another version of AutoTrader.com. That is a major corporation now, and that is tough competition. If you remove the free ads completely, you enter that competition.
People compare this place to Craigslist, yet, even though I would not be surprised to see a kitchen blender for sale in the parts ads, atleast this place IS more concentrated on Custom automotive.
You cannot make ALL of the people happy ALL of the time. That's life.

Post subject: Re: people who sell cars
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

yotaforce wrote:
Easier said than done. Buying and running a site and business like this.
You miss the fact that those free ads is what gets the paid ads in the door here. Plus, you would just end up with another version of AutoTrader.com. That is a major corporation now, and that is tough competition. If you remove the free ads completely, you enter that competition.
People compare this place to Craigslist, yet, even though I would not be surprised to see a kitchen blender for sale in the parts ads, atleast this place IS more concentrated on Custom automotive.
You cannot make ALL of the people happy ALL of the time. That's life.

Ya custom automotive site that is on its way down the toilet. I've been around here long enough to see the downward trend of this site. There has to be some kind of change to bring it back to its glory days.

I remember going to the car shows and talking with people and i mention this site. They know exactly what I was talking about. Now I mention to my own employees and they give me this blank stare :shock: ... LOL and I deal in custom automotive accessories! these are the same employees whos job is to promote our business to EVERY automotive forum on the net. so ya.....who gots the keys to the life boats? :mrgreen:

Post subject: lets trade
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

I've had no problems saleing on here i love the site ,but there is some crazy mofoes on here t!here are alot of showcasers on here for sure too

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2