Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: More info........
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I have been browsing, keeping an eye out for some parts I need, one of which is some wheels and tires for a few vehicles in my shop, and I can't help but be a little bit irritated by the lack of simple information on alot of the ads.

When selling wheels, atleast TRY to list the size. Most wheels will have the info cast onto the wheel on the back. If it's a factory wheel, Google it. You can always find out the specs online (diameter, width, and most of the time, offset).

When you have tires for sale (on or off wheels), this is an easy one. The info is on the tire (both sides). Write it down and type it in. Don't just take a pic of each wheel and assume we can see the writing on the tire in your crappy cell phone pics.

And also, when you have a part for sale, we do not need to see the rest of the vehicle in one of the many free pics they offer in the parts section. I think it's just people taking advantage of the free additional pics in order to show off. Just sell the part. Lol
I have seen also where there will be the maximum of free pics in a parts ad, and there won't even be a pic of the part. Just a bunch of pics of the rest of the car, and even in the ad, they will have it written as if the whole car is for sale.

If you do not know something, and the info cannot be easily found, then it's ok to just say "you do not know" (better than giving the wrong info and ruin the sale).

Last but not least, a rant, again I say as I'm pretty sure I have said on here before, if there is something wrong with your vehicle/part/wheels and tires, how about just state the problem, and stop trying to minimize it so much, particularly when it is NOT a "cheap and easy fix". If it truly IS a cheap and easy fix, then either fix it, or expect it to hurt your asking price. You have to remember, there are alot of us that actually do the work for a living, and we KNOW what a "cheap and easy fix" is. If your car has messed up paint finish, don't say it's cheap and easy, because ou would only know this if you either do it everyday for a living, or have paid someone in the past alot of money to fix it for you. Most of the time, to us, it means that you looked into getting it fixed right, found out how expensive it would be, and decided to just sell it and let someone else deal with the cost.
One of the things I do for a living is help people find what they are looking for, for a fair price. I come on here daily, and your ads (pictures and description) not only tell me about the item for sale, but it also tells me alot about YOU, the seller. If your ad looks crooked, then I will probably pass on it simply because I choose not to deal with morons in general. For those who go the extra mile and actually put together an ad that makes sense and tells what it needs to tell, then I'm sure you will get more attention and offers.
Noone likes to deal with morons, no matter how good the deal might seem.

Have a great day Mautofied!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]