Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: where do people get these car process from?!?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I see the phrase " take advantage of " throw around alot on this thread. If the buyer/trader/other interested party likes what he/she see's then is it really " taking advantage " of that person ?? I've been on here since the beginning of time, sold/traded a $hit ton and met a bunch of cool kats. Yep, been screwed by a few, " take advantage " of by a few, even totally broken off in my A$$ by a couple, not mad, it happens. Have I played the "over price " game, you betcha !! Walked away on top, absolutely !! It's all part of the game, we AAAALLLLLLL play it, if you think you don't, think again !! It's why you log on day after day after day, to find the deal of the day/week/month/century !! I'd be happy if you were able to have no price, wouldn't matter either way. If I feel your ride is worth " X " and you want " Y " guess what, you get offered " X " , plain and simple. Take it as an insult and be pissed, go ahead, I'll find something else. Wanna deal, let's see what we can work out, that's really the bottom line here !!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

OUTCAST13 wrote:
If the buyer/trader/other interested party likes what he/she see's then is it really " taking advantage " of that person ??

If the seller KNOWS something that the typical ignorant buyer does not know, and they pass it off as good and truthful, then it is "taking advantage of" ignorance.

Perfect example: Seller states that an engine is "built" (or rebuilt with low miles), but KNOWS that it is in fact stock, untouched, and probably worn out internally, and yet uses the "built or rebuilt" line to the buyer, then it is in fact "taking advantage of" ignorance.
Which is why you have to become an educated buyer so you have the knowledge to VERIFY the truth of the statement before getting ripped off.

Anyone who get's ripped off, can only blame themselves. It does not just apply here, but in life in general.

"Liking what you see" is not a good enough reason to throw caution to the wind and dive headfirst into a deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 pm 

I couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm 

: :o wow man you hit all the right notes, kudos to you for your reply and I HOPE.everyone on this site reads your post. You are the type of buyer/seller I want to deal with on here. Thanks again

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2