Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: LOOKING FOR BAGS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 am 

I HAVE A 95 CHEVY 1500 EXTENDED CAB. I AM LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE BAG KIT. I WANT IT TO SIT LOW? BUT I DONT WANT TO CUT THE BED. CAN SOMEBODY POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION? THANKS.

Post subject: Re: LOOKING FOR BAGS
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:42 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

lol.. other than just being able to say your truck is bagged, what would be the point? youd be better off going with a static drop or rear helper bags. without a step notch youre not going to be that low at all. might as well just do a flip kit, hangers, and spindles+coils.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:46 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I understand your idea, and really, there is nothing wrong with it. Air ride can give you better ride than factory suspension, and often, it's the first choice for street rodders with the same goals (better ride, and the ability to lower the vehicle when parked).
If you are wanting to just ride around as low as possible using the air ride and no frame modifications, then you may be disappointed for the simple fact that you will only be able to go as low as your frame stops will allow, and riding too low will just be uncomfortable with it bottoming out all the time. Riding at normal drive height can be adjusted to ride very smooth, and when you park, you can air out and let it sit nice and low for the looks.
Atleast if you convert to an air ride system now, you would atleast have the option later, should you decide to make other modifications to the frame and suspension, you could easily go to a lower ride height.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:33 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

j.warrington wrote:
I HAVE A 95 CHEVY 1500 EXTENDED CAB. I AM LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE BAG KIT. I WANT IT TO SIT LOW? BUT I DONT WANT TO CUT THE BED. CAN SOMEBODY POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION? THANKS.

To keep from cutting the bed, most people just raise the bed floor. You don't have as much room as normal, but you have a clean look and the bed isn't cut up. As far as bagging it, make sure you know what you are doing, or get a professional.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]