Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: how clean valves
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm 

does anyone know how clean the valves on my airbags i dont know how to so i need to know how to fix them. when i turn my compressor the front airbags lift up as the compressor goes up. I NEED HELP.

Post subject: Re: how clean valves
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

i like deep creep myself. always done the trick for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:10 pm 

what is deep creep i need to know how to do it all like take it apart and someone told me to use wd40

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:13 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

My recommendation would be to start taking it apart, carefully noting what goes where, and see if you can get to the inside and get it cleaned up. Either that, or contact wherever you got them or whatever brand they are and ask them how you would go about cleaning them. But as a side note if you take them apart you may have to replace gaskets or something depending on if their on a block valve or just by themselves. (*Also as a side note* I would recommend removing one of your listings about your subwoofer or else the administrators are going to lock up your account.....)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 pm 

thanks for the help

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:42 pm 

it might not be your valves thats the problem...What exactly is it doing?..You said the airbags go up as the compressor goes up?..I dont understand.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

;)
Shane_liza31 wrote:
what is deep creep i need to know how to do it all like take it apart and someone told me to use wd40

Deep creep is like wd40 on crack. It penetrates deeper. the reason i said use that is it sounds like your valves may be stuck open. Ive seen it happen when the tank is not properly drained of moisture causeing a build up od corrosion inside the tank and shooting the corrosion into the valve. i wouldnt take a valve apart. id remove the valve and shoot deep creep into the opening and cycle the valve with an eletric source such as the battery until i KNOW it is cycling as it should then reinstall it. Note its orientation in the line. Some valves have an arrow noting the direction of the airflow.
For me valves are cheap enough if it dosent work id just buy new ones and reinstall. check out the thorbeck brothers, the have good quality stuff and great customer service.[url]Suicidedoors.com[/url]
There is other good advice in this thread as well

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm 

mine were doing the same thing my front cyclenders were filling up as the compressor ran i just cleaned the vales very well and new orings and problem fixed and put a drain on the tank to let the moisture out every couple ov weeks that also helps. corrosion gets in the valve and will keep it open .

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:50 pm 

Ohhh..His valves are sticking..Wasnt quite sure what he was trying to say...Heres a write up someone on S10 forum did, saved in my favs for when I need to do it...Its for SMC valves, But all are pretty close to the same thing..Hope this helps a bit..

http://www.s10forum.com/smc-valve-cleaning-how-to

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Layframe729201 wrote:
Ohhh..His valves are sticking..Wasnt quite sure what he was trying to say...Heres a write up someone on S10 forum did, saved in my favs for when I need to do it...Its for SMC valves, But all are pretty close to the same thing..Hope this helps a bit..

http://www.s10forum.com/smc-valve-cleaning-how-to

Holy crap thats a detailed forum, you just dont come across those allot. Nice find. 8-)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next