Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 1/2 CASH 1/2 TRADE OR 2-4-1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:13 pm 

:mrgreen: IM looking for a good trade ......does anyone have a clean title and cash on this site anymore(starting to think not)...im looking for a nice driver and some CASH to finish up a home addition...I like a little of everything so all i can say is no the subby is super clean and runs great The awd turbo is sweet... :mrgreen: ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 1/2 CASH 1/2 TRADE OR 2-4-1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:12 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

LOL, that's funny you mention clean titles. I've noticed more and more on this site how many cars pop up with " bad " titles. One guy even said his was priced almost $500 under KBB with a salvage title !! WTF !! It has a salvage title, which means it has " 0 " blue book value and " 0 " Loan value !! Unless you're just F&^%#$^G retarded a car with a salvage, flooded, branded, ect ect title is about useless ........................ Damn, I feel better

Good luck on the Subby .......................

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 pm 

Dumb question... How can you check a vin without paying an arm and a leg?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:30 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

chriszibble wrote:
Dumb question... How can you check a vin without paying an arm and a leg?

Know someone in the used car business. Most dealerships pay for unlimited usage on Carfax.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm 

I don't think about that. I got a buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:24 am 

actually, ive gotten loans to buy cars and trucks with salvage and rebuilt titles with no problems and have been able to sell them without any issues, but thats just me, my bank doesnt really care lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:59 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Salvage title does not mean that a vehicle is not worth anything, it just means that KBB or NADA cannot put a value on it without a qualified inspection of the vehicle and repair work. Most of us who deal with salvage repairs can inspect a repaired vehicle and actually determine whether or not any value has truly been lost through the repair.
I rebuild atleast 6-7 cars and trucks a year for other people and they usually have no problem selling a vehicle for only slightly less than what value KBB or NADA would place on it.
If someone is looking to buy/sell/trade vehicles than a salvage title would not be good for business, however, anyone looking for a vehicle for normal personal use can easily save money buying one (but only after a proper inspection to verify the quality of the repairs).
There are alot of backyard shops out there that are buying wrecks (or "rebuildables") and cutting every corner possible in order to turn a buck, but there are alot of shops like mine that still take pride in repairing a vehicle (no matter what the damage) the right way in order to restore it to original condition.
You also have to remember how easily a vehicle can get a salvage title. It does not take much to have one totaled out.
I have a 2010 Ford F-150 FX2 in the shop now that the customer picked up at a local salvage sale for a very reasonable price that was hit in the passenger rear. The only damage was the bedside, floor, and minimal damage to the rear cab corner. We have a new bed from Ford, after the body work to the cab corner, and with a few new parts such as tail light, bumper and the bed stickers, it will be as good as new.
He will have a practically new truck for around 3/4 the cost of it new when it is all done. That's actually not bad considering the normal rate of depreciation of most domestic vehicles.
As long as you can get an independent inspection of a vehicle, then there really is nothing wrong with a branded title (except flood or fire. I stay away from them).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]