Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: stock b20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:56 am 

i have a stock b20 motor just got it with less than 60,000 miles i want to swap it into a 91 civic si hatchback. i want to know what is everything i need to turbo it, what type of piston, rods, ect. basicly i want the b20 to handle atleast 30psi. anybody let me know pls and thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:38 am 

check out the k20 forums on hybrid-racing.com . basically similar, theres quite a bit of people on there and they sell all the stuff you'd need for the swap.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:33 pm 

he has a bseries motor not a K and they are not similiar at all. K-cost 6k plus for a complete swap. He can swap his b less then 1k.

What year is the b20?
basic list...
chipped p28 or whatever ecu you have I can't remember.
axles, bseries tranny ls,gsr,itr,ctr,si plenty of opitions, convert everything to obd1 so you'll need a new dizzy modified wiring harness, also motor mounts for the b to fit in the civic. Hasport makes a good kit/ thats just some basics. Google it plenty of info out there, if you have any more questions ask.

turbo
ic piping, ic, bov,manifold,turbo, wg.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:37 pm 

you will not ever get 30psi don't even shoot for that. You know nothing about honda's start at 7psi. No one is going to spoon feed you there secrets on a honda motor to hold that much psi. You talking about 30k plus in a honda motor/turbo/tranny to even hold that much. Plus setting up your civic to even hold the power its going to make.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:20 pm 

you do not need to convert to obd1. and you do not need a p28 because a stock b20 isnt vtec. you will need an integra ls intake manifold. you can use the ls distributor as well to run obdo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:48 pm 

read what I said chipped p28 or whatever you have. Even if he has a p28 vtec ecu can be turned off in the tune. And not convert to obd1 I didn't say he did, its adviced. There are plenty of tunning software for 0bd1 cars thats why people convert.

Would you rather him run a [censored]ty FMU and his car still runs like [censored]?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]