Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 1993 ford mustang radio questions
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:06 pm 

i have a 1993 ford mustang and i want to put a radio with a fold out screen in it but the shifter is in the way does any one have some pics of some idea for how i could solve this issue

Post subject: Re: 1993 ford mustang radio questions
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

lol.. uh.. set it where it doesnt fold down?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 pm 

yeah u can relocate ur a/c controles and flush the houseing and put the tv up were the a/c controles used to be

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:08 pm 

if up under the radio housing is flush with the factory radio, i would suggest looking at power acoustik indash PTID-7002NR its a single din with a 7 in touch screen that gives the illusion of a double din radio. the screen tilts up to load and unload cds. they are very resonable priced, and could possible save you the headache of relocating the ac controls. Yeah i know someone will say it so ill beat them to the punch, Power acoustik isnt a mainstream brand and someone will call it junk. But times have changed these units now come with every bit of the features that makers such as pioneer, sony, alpine with half the cost. and are covered under a warrenty.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm 

as being a installer i can see the picture both ways .. consumers want whats in ther price range ivr put in a few of those radios that customers have brought in my shop and i do not recomend bying one save ur time and money and get a good unit those tvs last maby 6mts to a year and have problems with the bottons and screens not a unit worth paying between 200-300 bucks save a couple more hundred and get a pioneer or jvc ive hardly ever seen any problems with those tvs ive had my pioneer 4000dvd since it came out and have yet to have a problem with it and thats been maby 3 years . so save your money and buy a good product just remember you get what you pay for i have some pics of a 92 stang i did a double din in ill send you that i relocated the a/c controles . its very easy as long as you have some common sence hit me up if you have any questions

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]