Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Maaco Paint Jobs????
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:51 am 

I recently hit a deer in my expedition and have to buy both new fenders, and grill, hood etc...I was just wondering im looking to get a paint job and someone recomennded maaco??? Ive heard different stuff about them..??Any input would be appreciated..?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:22 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

with what i've seen i wouldt do it
and there econmy paint job thats 99 dollars is only paint they dont primer or clear coat it they just spray it
so if it was mine no i wouldt take it to macos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maaco is not bad but not great. I have seen vehicles leave maaco and look great and I have seen some leave and look horrible. Most of the time, if you do alot of the prep work yourself 9 times out of 10 the paint job will come out better from Maaco because they dont dwell on prep work. Thats why they can paint quickly and cheaply. Move in and move out. AND alot of people think that once the car is done that its done and you have to take the car even if its if poor quality. Well thats not the case. If you raise hell, they will repaint it. My friend gets his cars painted there all the time and had one car repainted 3 times because they didnt get it right. So if you are just looking to get a paint job and not wanting to spend a whole lot, Maaco isnt such a bad idea. It just want be show quality, or have much depth and detail.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am 

from what ive seen it also depends on the location i have one a couple hours north of me that does ok , but i also have one an hour south that does really good so just go check them out. also get the better paint package that helps .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:28 am 

I agree with dubz alot depends on the one you go to. Its a franchise so each one will pay differnt. Some pay better to have better painters etc.

Post subject: Re: Maaco Paint Jobs????
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm 

u get wht u pay for. do the prep yourself it will be better and make sure u put on different wheels if u have nice ones u dnt want overspray on em

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Yea I think they do good check out my add my truck was painted there and they did a good job. Mine was done in Oklahoma city

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:35 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Everything Ive seen from Maaco has been ok, not great. i had a friend that worked there for a while and he said several guys jump on the car at one time and they are given scotch bright pads. he said he thought this method of prepping was fine that paint would stick fine that way..and it will if you do it well...problem is noone knew what the other had done and sometimes they missed spots.

On a total side note... LOOK at the people who posted here, JUSTINARGO, sagnwagn, ONDUBS247. There is three names I recognize but havent seen in AGES!
Glad to see you guys posting again.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]