Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 1999 Ferrari 355 Replica For Sale or Trade - 360 hp Turbo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Twizted, send me your Email. I will get some pics over to you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 pm 

Im not siding with anyone here but hoping that a 3.8 with an 80 mm turbo will make 360 is a pretty damn believeable story. My srt4 made 450+ at the wheels with a .50 trim and a 2.4 4 cyl. My evo made 533 awhp with a 2.3 stroker and a humongous gt40 turbo. I can provide links all day long of even 2.0 engines making way past 350 whp. You can do a lot with a big ole snail :D But truthfully, why not complete the project and make the amount of money you claim you can?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

See, we actually have someone who knows what they are talking about. That Dousche thinks he knows everything. I have been on youtube and seen the Srt-4's kicking out 450hp, tell a dousche like Cnote and he will hate on you. I think that with the bore job i should be looking at around 500 hp. I said 360 because i knew there are idiots out there. I may just finish it but i have been working on it for 2+ years and really have been wanting to move on. I want a SS camaro or a Ws-6 with a Ls-1.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:31 pm 

Um...just adding my $.02 here but that kit is ROUGH. It needs about another $20k dropped into it just to make it ready for a paint job. Those rims, I am sorry, are not real Ferrari wheels. That 3.8 should make 360hp but 500hp without internals is a fantasy. Just because the engine is bored doesn't mean the connecting rods aren't still pencil thin. Also the 3.8 conversion costs money...don't know if you have ever swapped a 3.8 into a Fiero but it's not exactly simple. I think you bought this pile cheap off someone else and he talked you into thinking it was a big deal and in reality it's needs someone with REAL DEEP POCKETS to make it right. You have lost interest because you have doneyour homework and know it'snot going to be cheap.

I do think it has potential but it will take almost as much as you can buy a used Ferrari just to make it look like a real Ferrari...and under the skin it's still a junk Fiero that was never worth the plastic it was made out of in the first place.

Have fun with that thing collecting dust. I'd drop the price by A LOT and get rid of it quick. I don't want it no way in hell but somebody might be dumb enough to spend $$$ on it???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

i agree also not tryin to put down anything but the body is very rough and someone would be out ALOT of money tryin to fix it then loose it when they sell it...might have seemed like a good idea at first but wow...it turned into a mess, i would drop the price and just take a loss and be done...after all it will always still be a fiero at heart...and just to throw this out here i like cnotes bike...very nice speakin i have a 03cbr myself...but hey good luck sellin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:52 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

So I took your advice and did a little reasearch. 500+ HP from a 3800 without a ton of mods, not a chance. The bottom end won't handle it and the heads won't flow enough. Big turbo + motor doesn't = HP. 8k plus shipping on a fiberglass body, kinda high but in the ballpark. Researched anywhere from 4k on up for bodies, just depands on options and what you are looking for. Now for the good news. Stretched Fiero chassics aren't cheap and if done well really adds to the overall price. Already having the body " mounted" or at least fabbed up is also a high point. The interior already done is a plus as well. Yes, it still needs a ton of work but done it should bring 25-30k to the right person. Will it bring 9k on this site, :lol: :lol: :lol: !! My advice is trade it for a POS half A$$ done S10 with a V-6 and a slipping auto trans, pitted 18's w/ bald tires and a really loud Kraco cassette deck w/ 2 6x9's laying behind the seat. then you can put 9k on it and sell it in a week, kids are stupid and a bagged Dime is gold !! I'm just waiting for this site to make a seperate category for them !! It's a cool project but very few on here have any kind of vision for what you have or the knowlegde to complete it !!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ON MY COMMAND, UNLEASH HELL !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:30 pm 

cnote05300 wrote:
lol and since when is a 3.8l v6 turbo gonna push 360hp? Kinda hopeful with that number huh?

lol i have a supra with a 3.0 that is 600 hp anything is possible with the cash flow

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2