Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: NEED HELP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:29 am 

I need help from one of yall mechanics or body ppl... i have a 04 ford explorer that the ass end is totaled... what other yr model will the motor tranny the whole nine yards will it fit in plz respond and lmk something need to get it back on the road

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I told you man. If you are cross platforming (meaning trying to put it in something other than the exact same version of what it came out of), you are going to need wiring harness, ecu, engine, tranny, maybe mounts, exhaust manifolds, etc.

If you want something to put that engine and transmission in, without having to find yourself a wire harness, or ECU or modifications. Then the ONLY thing it will go into is the same EXACT version of what it came of.

So if it came out an 04 explorer with an auto tranny and a V6 engine, then you will need to find the same "body style" (whatever looks like the 04, that had the same engine and tranny as you have, because it cant be the version that had a different engine) and put it into that. That way there is no custom fabrication or custom wiring that needs to be done. Other than that you have yourself 2 good boat anchors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:57 am 

ok will i need the wiring harness out of the 04 or the vechile im tryin to put it in becuz i have all tranny, motor, ecu, wiring harness everything

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well first of all, it may not go into just 'any' vehicle. At that, it probably wont just bolt into anything except what it came out of. Since its an 04 explorer it MIGHT bolt into a newer Ranger or Expedition, but I doubt it.

Its going to take modification to install that engine or tranny into anything else. You are looking at having to custom make a drive shaft. Custom engine mounts. The exhaust will need to be redone. Then you will need the ECU and the wiring harness for that particular engine and tranny that you have. And you may have to make modifications to that harness to put that engine and transmission into something it didnt come in.

Its like I said before, unless you are putting it back into a 04 (or same style) explorer, that had that same engine and tranny combination, you will only have yourself some nice boat anchors.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]