Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: lookin for hood and bodykit and lowerin kit for 99 chevy s10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 pm 

so can i get an airbag suspension and control it with controls casue thats the kind im lookin for

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:34 pm 

Either one you will need some kind of switchbox or controll to adjust the suspension.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:48 pm 

ok well do u know where i can get one for under 1000?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:41 pm 

A whole set up is going to cost more than 1k with parts and install. I may be wrong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 pm 

well i just found the parts for 300 and i just need a controller for it and then install

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:28 pm 

Better hope the compressors work and the bags work also.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:20 pm 

Sigh....

$300 is barley enough to purchase 4 quality airbags. Unless your looking at Airbagit.com parts, Which I would not recommend at all for much of anything or youve spotted some kind of china made kit on Egay.

Please do not do that. You will regret it. Horribly.

If you cant install it yourself, your looking at no less than $1500 in labor alone. You dont just slap a few things on and roll on your jolly way.

This is coming from someone who wanted a fast automatic honda civic. Listen kid, I understand what your going though. Weve all been there. Your trying to make the baddest build on your block. Cool. Reality is, your not going to get there by buying cheap parts and doing halfass hack jobs and not knowning how to do some of the work yourself. RESEARCH. Its common sense. You want to put a bodykit on an S10. Buy an Extreme kit someones ripped off. Its very simple. But why would you want to put a bodykit on something you plan on bagging?..That makes no sense at all...To look lower?..Thats kind of pointless. One wrong flip of the switch while your driving and you will rip those plastic side skirts all to shit. Plastic dosnt spark bro.

Why dont you just do a static drop and start there. Some 2" drop spindles 2-3" Springs and 4" blocks in the rear. Get your hands dirty. Learn a few things about suspension. Then when that gets old and youve noticed how shitty the ride quality is, yea, go ahead and bag it. People just dont go straight to doing bodydrops and frame off builds. Youve gotta start somewhere.

Judging by your comments in these past two forums, You need to slow down and focus on one thing at a time. If your trying to build a turbo automatic H22 and Bag an S10, I dont understand how money is a problem. You shouldnt need to be looking at $300 kits if youve got all that cash laying around.

Until you learn to do some of this stuff yourself remember this "Good work aint cheap. And cheap work aint good." Live by it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 am 

ok well i dont have any h22 automatics and im just gonna get a airbag sytem and n o body kit and just go from there and get suicide doors then selling it ok os yeah i only haev about 1400 to use

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:13 pm 

I'm pretty sure he was just making a point by that statement. If you 1400 is figured into getting the doors done also that's a joke. I can understand trying to be a baller on a budget but you ned to come back to reality. You dump all that money into then try and sell it your going to take a loss. That's why its almost easier to buy one dne then to do it yourself. I would listen to the advice from the person above.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm 

There is only a few people I've seen that can do the whole job for 1200-1300 and that's getting denominator bags from suicidedoors.com some pretty decent valves notches and them doing it he does good work but there's also work to be done you cant get the best of everything on 1400 and if you dont know what your doing you can't do it yourself

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next