Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: HELP! 1999 Chevy Tahoe Shakes Going Up Hill got any ideas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 pm 

I have a 1999 Chevy Tahoe I have been working on, love it, done complete tune up but 9 times out of 10 when i go up a steep or long hill or give my truck a lot of gas like to pass some one it will start to shake and feel like it wants to shut off. I have to let off the gas and drop the speed down until it calms down. Someone with another Tahoe said theres was doing something similar and it was the intake manifold gasket. Does anyone hve any ideas. I love my truck and have put alot into it, looks and motor wise, and i cant figure it out. :?:

Post subject: Re: HELP! 1999 Chevy Tahoe Shakes Going Up Hill got any ideas
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 am 

intake gasket, crank position sensor, fuel filter, I have a yukon and it was doing that..changed all that stuff and fixed it..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Could be your transmission. I have a similar problem with my '02 Silverado when towing a trailer. I'm just waiting for the tranny to break. Does yours have the "towing" option on the shifter?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:08 am 

Could be ur tourqe convertor engageing and disengaging which could be anything from poor trans line pressure due to valvebody in the trans being a lil dirty what I would reccomend would be taking it to ur local gm dealership and getting them to reprogram the pcm bc they (GM) release new reburns for the computers and u can only update them from a tech2 device and might do a power flush of ur tranny fluid depending on mileage it could possible be overdue and the new fluid gm is using is a dex 6 fluid which is supposed to be great.......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

jcbky05 wrote:
Could be ur tourqe convertor engageing and disengaging which could be anything from poor trans line pressure due to valvebody in the trans being a lil dirty what I would reccomend would be taking it to ur local gm dealership and getting them to reprogram the pcm bc they (GM) release new reburns for the computers and u can only update them from a tech2 device and might do a power flush of ur tranny fluid depending on mileage it could possible be overdue and the new fluid gm is using is a dex 6 fluid which is supposed to be great.......

Good advice right there^^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm 

jcbky05 wrote:

like he sead i think its in the trans

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It's SAID, not sead. I know it sounds like "head" but it's not the same. Strike two on the spelling bee. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:19 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Any updates on this problem? Fixed? :?:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]