Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: opinion on body lift
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 am 

I have a 1999 Chevy Z71. I've been looking around for body lifts and found a 3 inch body lift (aluminum blocks) at autozone for around $30.00 ($60.00 for the full set)

I eventually want to get a suspension lift, but for right now I just want a couple of extra inches of tire clearance. I just want to know if anyone has used this body lift before of if you have any advice. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It is a Superior Automotive 3 in. U bolt lift from AutoZone. Part number 13-1040 (if you want to look it up)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: opinion on body lift
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:29 am 

If its a u-bolt kit it is a suspension lift..they're lift blocks..the blocks go between the rear leaf springs and the differential at the mounting location..the u-bolts in the kit are to replace the stock ones to accommodate for the increased space provided by the blocks..this kit only lifts the rear 3ins and not the front..torsion bars can be cranked in the front to level it out..hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:37 pm 

Body lift for that year will run around 250-300, that is just a lift block for the rear axle. That will axle only add 1" to the rear because it replaces the factory block. Crank the front torsion bars level and that will add you about a 1" overall.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 am 

if you like your truck and you want it to last spend the money on a quality lift kit and what ever you do don't just crank down on your torsion keys you'll tar all kinds of crap up i no everyone does it these days but your regret it in like one or two years when stuff starts breaking

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]