Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Hey guys have any of u done something like this?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

I got a 98 2wd 4 door jimmy im putin a v8 in, but im wantin to make the front end tilt up like the semi front end. Do they make a kit to bolt on to do this and what would it be called. I have been lookin and cant find nothing i figured im gonna have to fab one up. If any of you guys have done this pls give me some ideas it would help me out alot.

Post subject: Re: Hey guys have any of u done something like this?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its called a tilt front end. But as far as bolt on kit for an s-10 style truck, in your year model, I don't think it is made or made for any year model s-10 for that matter. They do make a fiber glass front shell for the square body s-10s which basically takes the fenders, bumper, hood, and grill shell and makes it all one piece. I'm sure they make one for your body style as well. That's what you would need to find, and then fabricate from there. It would be far to much work and almost impossible to use your stock parts and seam them together and make them tilt forward. The only down side to this system is that every time you need to get under the hood, you would have to tilt the whole front end forward.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

check out this site they have alot of fiberglass stuff and the one piece front ends www.up22.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

okay thanks. i was wonderin how it would work with stock parts. but your right about the seams :shock:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]