Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Stereo system ideas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 am 

im gonna put a system in my mini but its not an extended cab any i deas where to put some subs at

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:52 am 

get u sum buckets seats,built u a center console with a 12" sub firing down ported toward the front of the truck. dont go no less then 2.0 cubes 4 the box

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:54 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

couple of ways to do it you could put some shallow mounts subs behind the seat but your gonna have to move the seat up to fit the the box behind it or put a fiberglass camper shell on the back put a accordin boot in between the cab and bed and put the system on the back or cut the wall out behind the seats and put a slim tonneau cover on it and put the speakers underneath i still gotta get a boot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 pm 

i like the bucket seat idea but i really dont live in the best place so idk. Thanks for the ideas so far and if you have any more send them my way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:16 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

hey man i have a box built for 6 15" subs. it was in the bed of my guys nissan hardbody b4 we bagged it. he had a solid fiberglass cap with no windos and we removed the rear window and installed a thick rubber seal between the opening and the cap. with 6 Kicker CVRs and 3 JL 1000x1 the truck was hittin like 148 db. the box was about $700 and built by a professional shop with L shaped ports and seperate enclosures for each speaker. if ur interested let me know and ill send u some dimensions and pics.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:14 am 

thats a little big for me i just want a decent size stereo nothing thats gonna rattle everything around

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:31 am 

i have a 97 s10 its a reg cab the sysyem i put in my s10 is 1 slim mount p3 rockford in a lil truck box with a 900watt nt power amp it sound great my buddy has 2 12 eclipses and a 800watt amp and my one 12 p3 hits harder then his 2 12s in his ex cab s10 and it dont take up no room sits behind the pass seat and the best thing is i only spent $300 and everything was brand new not used and i still have room for 2 more 10s or one more 12 that im going to put behind the driver seat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:54 am 

Do you think that will work in my truck i have a bench seat and its all the way back and thats the only way that i really fit in that darn truck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:06 pm 

if you got the time,
i little wood work experiance
take the bench out and build your new seat thats a speaker box.
You could get 2-15" down firing.
pull your cushions and mount it on the bax and attach the backing of your seat to the box.
if interested send me some pics of the interior and some measurments. i can design you somethihng out and send it to you so all you have to do is built it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 am 

you can get two tens behind the seats if you have a bench will out having to move it up i have two tens memphis competion subs behind mine and i didnt have to move the seat up

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]