Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 36 ford need help
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm 

Help!! I am trying to help out the wife of a close friend who passed away. He was close to completing a build of 1936 Ford full sized custom truck .There is some interior work to be done but we would like to get a idea of a ballpark figure to sell it for .We will send some pictures and what was done to the build .We are really lost .Please, We really need some direction this is a great looking and unusual truck. Thank you for any help you can give us I did not work on this truck.If anybody can help I can sen pics and a summary what he did

Attachments:
tonys 2.jpg
tonys 2.jpg [ 185.33 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]
tony's truck1.jpg
tony's truck1.jpg [ 187.69 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]

Post subject: Re: 36 ford need help
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:16 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Neat little truck. Sad to hear about the unfortunate loss.
If the truck were finished, I'd like to think that it would be worth somewhere between $30-$40k (more if the market was better, and to the right collector/buyer). Sadly, in it's unfinished state, the real value is widely varied, depending on the buyers ability to complete the task of finishing it. If it was to be completed by a buyer, the price could be reasonably higher than a buyer looking to pay a shop to have it completed, which could cost a bit.
Final assembly, interior, and drivability tuning (odds and ends) can cost anywhere from $7500-10k (judging by the pictures).
I would be willing to say the value of it as it sits can be between $9000-$12000 in general, and perhaps more to the right buyer. If I were takes with selling it, I would take a ton of pics and put it up on Ebay Classified and start taking in offers. Price it on the high end but point out that offers would be accepted. There are alot of collectors out there that would probably love to have it in their stable.
Good luck and God Bless the family and friends who have suffered the loss.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 pm 

Thanks for the info it looks like I will be busy for awile We are going to have the interior upolstry done. Going to hang the rear fenders and install hood Will be looking for afew suggestions on some stuff down the road. This is a list my bud made before he passed away

Attachments:
Tonys 36 Ford Truck.jpg
Tonys 36 Ford Truck.jpg [ 170.26 KiB | Viewed 1945 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 am 

unfinished projects are hard to sell as each person want it built their way and certian things or color combos might not suit the next owner I would sell as is and not invest more money as it might not be cost effective Where is truck located and what do you think price would be as is Attached is picture of similar truck I built 46 chevy

Attachments:
MVC-163S.jpg
MVC-163S.jpg [ 44.14 KiB | Viewed 1849 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]