Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Looking for trades
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:52 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Im looking at any and all trades for my lifted ford explorer 4X4. Come on people :)

Post subject: Re: Looking for trades
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:05 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Atleast you have the price right. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Why u gotta be a di**? My truck has has alot of work done to it, It looks better then most vehicles. And my truck aint worth $1.00 it books in its present condition over 3200.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm 

haha coming from the over priced Honda go figure.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 pm 

Sweet wing on that honda where did you get that autozone?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:56 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Wow, The Honda only has 175,000 miles on it too. What a steal. Those 15 inch wheels, that sick Auto Zone Wing and Ebay Halo lights must be worth at least $6,800.00. Put that on top of the $700.00 that your Honda is actually worth and your at $7,500.00. Wow i better get down to the Credit Union ASAP. I am sure that any kid that has $7,500.00 will surely pass up on buying a Ls1 Trans Am and buy your TIRD OF A CAR. HAHAHAHAHAH. ROTFL.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 am 

dont yall know, all that sprucing up, to bring it make to good condition, makes it worth excellent condition+ the cost of mods??

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Book on your Explorer (excellent condition) is $2025. Lifting an Explorer only does one thing for it, shortens it's life expectancy. Everyone knows you can buy Explorers all day for around a grand. Don't feel bad though, the same is true for the Jeep Cherokee (Grand Cherokee). They just aren't worth squat because of the reliability record.

Now onto the "rare" Camaro. You're car books $2675. I do however understand that there are a few people in the world that MIGHT pay more than book for your car simply because it's all there, but it's not really "special". They did produce in the hundreds of thousands of them in that year alone. Why would you think that with the way things are right now that anyone would want your 10-11mpg stocker, over a 35mpg daily driver? It's just common sense that when gas is high (and getting higher) mpgs sell best.
Now the Nissan, clearly the nicest out of all three in this group, and the most valuble at $5700 NADA. Considering the mods (and about 50% of the investment), and then the "defects" as pointed out, that would probably equal out to book value only. Remember, a real quality paint job is going to run about a grand at minimum, so that comes out of your modded price. Still, a better car and a better deal compared to the other two.

What I'm wondering now is why the $1 tag? Are you afraid you might "overprice" it and not get any offers? When is evereyone going to learn that is how the car dealer game is played? You price it high (within reason) and take offers all day until the price is right. By the way, my Honda books at $4825 with the 175k miles on it, and that's stock clean condition, which it is. I have about $4k invested in it and I KNOW that I will not get that investment back (name of the game) in full, but usually 50% of the investment is average.

So when is everyone going to learn how to price and sell their vehicle? Do you go on a car lot and ask how much and they say "One dollar". Or "make us an offer"? NO. They put a price on it (usually pretty high) and negotiate down from that price. NOT ONE OF YOU HAS THE KNOWLEDGE OR APPARENTLY THE CONFIDENCE TO LIST A PRICE! Which tells me you are not really here to sell a car, but rather looking to trade off (or trade UP) from what you have. Considering noone wants to trade down, you may find yourself here for a long time. I'm not saying to price it too high, but just over book so atleast when someone does their research and books it, they may feel like they can bargain with you.

As far as the wing comments, whatever, I've heard it all before and it really doesn't matter anymore. Good luck with all of your "sales".

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 pm 

I won't respond to the other comments cause its none of my business. As for mine the 1$ means I am looking to trade more than sell but I had the price listed as 5k which I think is more than reasonable. Yes the paint is not in the best condition but its not flaka.g and can't tell until you get right up on it. Hope that answers your questions and good luck with your sell as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

This is from www.kbb.com and i just copied and pasted it to here :)

My truck in its present condition is....

Excellent

$3,650

Good

$3,475

Fair

$3,000

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next