Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looking for trades
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

That's odd, because when I look it up on KBB (which seems to be more for buyers because generally the KBB price is much lower than NADA) I get this:
Excellent $2490
Good $2315
Poor $1840

That is the private party price list.

Even the suggested retail price (which is usually higher comsidering this is the price you would expect to pay for it on a dealers lot) is only $3165, and KBB does not have a listing for good or poor condition under that heading, only excellent. One spot of rust will immediately place your vehicle in poor condition simply because if there is rust in one spot, there is guaranteed rust in other places of the vehicle (some of which has not revealed itself yet), and thus, no educated buyer can assume it will not lead to serious devaluation of the vehicle over a short period of time, and result in repairs that will quickly out-value the book value.
Even better, I took a look at your other pictures of it and it's very far from excellent condition. The front bumper, the sloppy light wiring, and when you said rust, you were not exagerating. That rear door needs to be replaced, there looks to be rust coming through the rear 1/4 behind the tire, and by the general cleanliness under the truck (from what is visible) as well as the tail pipe, I would not be surprised if everything under there is covered in rust. The rear bumper came off of another vehicle (doesn't match) and is slightly bent downward.
I would be willing to wager that if you could get any serious cash offers for it, you'd be looking at less than $2k for it. That's just how this current market is, and while there are ALOT of people out there looking for cheap, disposable transportation, there aren't many Explorer "enthusiasts" out there looking to spend much on what would be considered more of a "project" than an excellent condition Explorer.
Back to my original post "Atleast you got the price right.".

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm 

I know my credit union uses the nada so if I offer trades plus cash on my end I look the nada. I know most people who just pay cash will look at kbb like previous post said.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:13 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Yah he flat out lied about KBB book value. On a side note, your hondas 3700 over book. Who cares.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

$2175 over NADA to be exact, and you're right, who cares.

I just like pointing things out to those who do not know. Lol

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:39 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

My car has been appraised for 8500 idiot. They book for 10 grand at nanda classic. You can't looki it up on kbb because it is too old idiot. I have 60,000 miles on my car, you have 175,000. My car has a 350, yours has a poopy 4 cylinder, I can pick up girls in my car, you pick up gay men. Try looking up my car on ebay with the same miles and condition. They are priced from 10-15 grand idiot. I like your one offer too. 2 pieces of poop and a pink paperclip. I think you should jump on that deal.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

And if you notice in the background of my 3rd pic there is a blue 00 honda. I bought it for my girl for 1200 of craigslist and it is as clean as yours. Only difference is that mine is newer and has 120,000 miles on it. And when I drive that honda I feel like a bitch, I can imagine how you feel, hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

knightriderstang wrote:
My car has been appraised for 8500 idiot. They book for 10 grand at nanda classic. You can't looki it up on kbb because it is too old idiot. I have 60,000 miles on my car, you have 175,000. My car has a 350, yours has a poopy 4 cylinder, I can pick up girls in my car, you pick up gay men. Try looking up my car on ebay with the same miles and condition. They are priced from 10-15 grand idiot. I like your one offer too. 2 pieces of poop and a pink paperclip. I think you should jump on that deal.

You're right, KBB does not go that far back, but NADA does. Easy enough.
Where did I compare "who has the better car" here? Oh wait, I may have pointed out my 35mpg (which is a big deal to alot of people today).
I did point out that somewhere out there is a Camaro enthusiast who might buy your car for what you want, but to the general public, it's just another Camaro, and why buy an older Irok when they can get a newer LS1 powered Camaro for about the same amount with hte same miles on it. Don't think you're sitting on a gold mine. They're still not "Rare". I guess it would be different if they only made a few thousand of them, but they didn't.
Two years ago I sold an 87 MR2, completely stock, and had it since new. Going price for one was around $1750. I had it on the market for over a year, and ended up selling it for $4000 three states away to a collector.
That's how you will get your "book" value. Waiting for the right buyer (and not driving it anymore so the mileage stays down). Good luck.
Do I have to point out that including "idiot" at the end of every sentence does not really get the point across any more than without it? Lol.

By the way, I don't drive a Honda.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

knightriderstang wrote:
And if you notice in the background of my 3rd pic there is a blue 00 honda. I bought it for my girl for 1200 of craigslist and it is as clean as yours. Only difference is that mine is newer and has 120,000 miles on it. And when I drive that honda I feel like a bitch, I can imagine how you feel, hahaha.

Good for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:39 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

:evil: :evil: im responding to the honda bashing that mr david hasselhoff up there in his redneck night rider car jammin his 80s hair band music thats prolly tryin to pick up some poor young girl that doesnt know any better.....before u talk smack on hondas you might want to think about how we can rip u a new ass with a 4 banger and you have to have all 8 cylinders to try to keep up :lol: :lol: :lol: and im sure there are plenty of HONDA'S on this site that can hand u your ass :D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

you guys are homos.

im lol'ing out loud at billy bad ass thinking his kid rock edition camaro is worth 10 grand.

btw, for the last time, mods do NOT increase value. nor does basic upkeep or repair.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next