Is the Truck priced High? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Is the Truck priced Fair? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Is the Truck priced Low? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Am I stupid for selling the truck??? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Am I completely off-base
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am 

OK guys am I going crazy?!?!?!?!?!?

I have my truck for sale and I had it listed at $8,000 but then I came across another Local deal so I was willing to drop it down to $7,000 for an Quick Sale. However, the amount of interest received has been less than I thought. The Mods, Mileage(<110K), Condition of this truck is better than most I've seen for less money. Although the truck has minor issues (cracked fender and a few <dimesized rock chips in the windshield, A/C has a leak) it is a daily driver. I don't tow with it and it's never been abused, heaviest thing I've towed was my bike on the bed. So I'm racking my brain because I don't understand why the lack of interest. I'm at the point that if no one is willing to pay what the truck is worth (I honestly think it's worth more) then I will just keep it.

Be Brutally honest - I can take it. Thanks

Attachments:
File comment: 99 GMC Sierra "Classic" Dually
DUALLY.jpg
DUALLY.jpg [ 5.23 KiB | Viewed 2922 times ]

Post subject: Re: Am I completely off-base
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 am 

It's way over priced them older Chevys aren't worth much at all we pick them up in the 2000 are all the time .. I would try and sell it for 4000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 pm 

most people on here are not looking for a stock style truck- even tho you may have some mods, i would not pay 8k for a stock silverado of that age..hell i have one listed for 9500 with big rims bags and all leather interior. im not expecting someone to put out almost 10k for mine, its just a reference point for price and the cost of parts and labor on the truck.

but like you stated, its also opinion. vehicles are always worth more to the one who owns compared to the one who may want to buy it and change it around or hand the title to a family member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 pm 

if you get a chance to repost it. try posting it in fullsize trucks instead of lowriders im always looking at trucks and i have never seen yours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:03 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Private party book value is only 5k. Take into account the windshield, the crack, and the ac and its a 4k truck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

A few things that hurt the overall value are that it is a gas motor, and it's a standard cab. From what I constantly see here and elsewhere is that most people looking for a full size are looking for a diesel and ext or double cab. As far as the rest of the potential market looking for a truck to USE as a truck, they probably do not want to tow a horse trailer with a lowered truck. As already stated, I could easily get a stocker for a "usable" truck for quite a bit less.
If you need to sell quick, the trade off is to be willing to go lower on your price. If you can actually hold out, I'm sure with time you could get a better offer on it, but maybe just not as high as you have it priced. Surely there is someone with the same taste as you and that would love to have your truck. It may also help to advertise in as many venues as possible to find that buyer.
With today's market, I would also rate your truck as a $4-5k truck.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 pm 

Cool - Thanks for the input guys.

I don't need to sell it - just wanted something else to play with so I'll just enjoy it until the right offer comes along.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]