Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 94 Cherokee Trail Jeep Need to Sell fast $2500 and its your
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:34 pm 

I need to sell my trail jeep fast. Blew up the motor in our Mercury Cougar Special Edition and its going to cost a pretty penny for a new one. i have dropped the price $1000 dollars and i need to sell fast first $2500 takes this great running, reliable trail rig home. Thanks

Post subject: Re: 94 Cherokee Trail Jeep Need to Sell fast $2500 and its your
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm 

Need to sell quick have to get the car up and running or will trade for S-10 or Ford ranger nothing lowered do have cash to throw on top Thanks make an offer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 pm 

BUMP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I'm surprised that you have not taken up any of the trade offers you have on your ad. MOST of those vehicles are worth a bit more than what you're trying to sell (except for the crappy "turbo Civic" and the Ranger). Honestly, you have a $1200 Jeep at most. Just because it runs and drives great, it's still just a Cherokee that is hacked up, and people can find much nicer ones than yours for what you are asking (even though all Cherokees are really junk, and that's why they do not hold any value).
Trade it for one of those Del Sol's and then you can probably get what you're asking for the Jeep.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm 

i guess that is where me and you differ my friend. $1200 are you sure you are a mautofied veteran? the cherokee is actually a better trail rig than all of the wranglers you see out there because of the long wheel base and the coils in the front end. so we dont consider them junk for the trail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:20 pm 

All you have to do is post to get the veteran status lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I would say I'm more of a market research "veteran". Lol.

Ever notice how much Wranglers go for compared to Cherokees? They tend to hold their value much better over time.
My Wrangler has coils under it's front....
I have replaced SO many Cherokee axles (particularly the front) in the last ten years, and it always seemed that the more options it came with, the more it would break. I'm not really calling yours JUNK. I'm sure it runs and drives just as good as you claim, but cutting the fenders to gain tire clearance, gutting the carpet without finishing the job you were trying to complete, and then showing a picture of it without the doors really does not help get you any higher in price. In fact, I believe it just makes it look like it has been seriously abused and not taken care of, which is why I do not believe you could get more than about $1200 for it.
If someone wants a trail rig, they will want one that is very well equipped (high dollar), or they will want something cheap that they can build up themselves. When I'm looking for a 4wd to build, I'm looking at cheap junk that I can easily hack up and build up. Suspension, drivetrain, body condition do not play a part in a build. Most of it will get swapped out or heavily modified. Cheap is the keyword.
I was seriously recommending that if you desire to get a certain amount of money, trade it for something more popular and cleaner that you can easily sell for what you are currently asking. It's just an idea.

I'm going to sit back on this one and see what happens. Good Luck with your sale.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]