Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Input on a new category for us "gearheads" !!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I have a suggestion for a new category for all of us "gearheads" on here. If you are anything like me, You have some cool rides but the house is truly the "wife's castle" !! 3200 SF and all I get is half the garage ( wife's car WILL NOT sit outside !), and my game/media room. It's a good compromise and I'm not complaining. Here is my thought. How about a category for "stuff", car guy related "stuff", that we can post. I'm not trying to turn this into Ebay by any means, just a category for this kind of misc. "stuff". Example, I have 3 pinball machines and 2 arcade games, all work fine, A 1930"s stoplight on a pole, a set of theater seats and some other "stuff" that I would like to sell/trade and I HATE Ebay !! Now I'm not saying sell the kitchen sink and the broke toilet you have out in front of the trailer, Cool guy stuff. I also have over 1200 die-cast cars and a Spawn collection that is now gathering dust. So hopefully you guys that are reading this get the idea and can give some input. Good , bad, Alan's smoking crack again pass it over, whatever !! Just an honest opinion !! Thanks
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Input on a new category for us "gearheads" !!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:41 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I like it....Kinda have the same issue... And i hate selling on ebay or craigslist...too much crud on ebay and too much spam on craigslist.... I'd like to see some of that stuff in here. I've tried to place a few ads and couldnt really think of what to put it under....lol so i just didnt post it. I don't think it would turn this into a circus or anything....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Would that get a little sketchy on how to regulate?? I can just see the debate, " But you removed mine and this is still on here!"

Dont get me wrong I wanna see this stuff and may would buy that stop light if i had money lol....lets just say if it gets created its your baby. It would probably have to be vehicle or transportation related like the stop light and the die cast cars idk about the toilet seat in front of the trailer lol. I cant say if I think your smoking crack, or if the crack has made you a genius at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It'd prob be mainly pick up only right? Can't think of a way u could regulate shipping and money transfers...maybe just offer the oppurtunity for the sale...but not regulate....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:10 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It would be no different then buying or trading a vehicle. Regulating it would be hard, it could turn into a yard sale in a matter of minutes but that's something that admins. can keep a handle on. Hell, give me the power !! Again, just a thought ........

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: BEYOND DRIVEN !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Maybe a really cool yard SALE!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:55 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

great idea. a Swap Meet for us gearheads! i got a lot of old flathead v8 parts laying around. along with some 34 ford parts. hekk i even got an old see-thru gas pump in the back somewhere buried in the weeds lol...

so if this section was created. i could help manage it with outcast13. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:11 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

The flathead stuff and 34 Ford stuff have categories already but the gas pump is what I'm talking about, cool stuff thats "car related" but has no category as of yet. I think some basic rules and a "NO BS!!" overseeing and it could be another outlet for all of us. Again, it's my 2 cents, which are always free !!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: BEYOND DRIVEN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Slammed98S10 wrote:
great idea. a Swap Meet for us gearheads! i got a lot of old flathead v8 parts laying around. along with some 34 ford parts. hekk i even got an old see-thru gas pump in the back somewhere buried in the weeds lol...

so if this section was created. i could help manage it with outcast13. :mrgreen:

SON, i hate to rain on anyones parade but do you have any idea what that gas pump is worth??? I just saw the American pickers guy buy one that was ratty but was a see through at the top kind....were talking a nice chunk of change, dig that out the weeds man find all the part but dont clean it your self that always takes away from the value.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like this idea. In fact we have been discussing a Mautofied.com swap meet set up at some events on the east coast. We also own partstrader.org and projectclassifieds.com so those will be sites that feed into mautofied specifically for gearhead project stuff we will be rolling out in the next 12 months.

As far as what it would be - Are you guys thinking a forum topic for "everything else" where people can post items for sale, a category in the parts section, or a seperate Mautofied list for everything else? I can tell you that starting a forum topic would be cake. You can even upload a picture file with the post directly from the forum post screen.

Thoughts?

-Marshall

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next