Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Mark and Benny
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:22 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I posted here hoping for help though this may not be the appropriate forum if this is the case then I apologize.

I just wanted to say that the new way of searching absolutely sucks it is terribly difficult and I loathe it.
One would think that when you click Search that you would be able to search this is not the case however apparently it is now the bull i mean browse button.
When you click search it directs you to choose a catagory that best matches the item you are selling......selling? Of what use pray tell is that? Half the links dont work when "BROWSING" and MY BIGGEST problem BS is this new having to click allow trade offers box.... I cant tell you how many people have in thier description possible trade or that they are looking for a specific trade vehicle but when you go to offer a trade it says they dont accept them because they missed that little tiny box!

It also seems that pre-existing ads cant accept them either?

WTF?

If it is difficult for me to search and i have been a member for a year then it is difficult for my potential buyers or traders to search and that pisses me directly the F off because I have 20 bucks invested with you guys as of this moment and have referred numerous people to this site please help me, just tell me honestly whats going on because mautofied is part of my life and many others as well and I am very dissatisfied as are others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:28 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I do agree i hope that the kinks are going to get worked out?

Brad what you been up to?

be nice to Benny and Mark they are trying to make things better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First off I want to thank TwiztedAnimator for giving honest feedback. My vision for the site is to always make it easyer to use not more complicated.

Lets start with the search. I attempted to keep it close to the same as before but I agree with you, it has become to complex. What would you think about having a parts search and a vehicle search. Then we could basically go back to exactly how it was before.   The search page would just have 2 tabs, "Vehicle Search" and "Parts & Accessories Search". This would get rid of that category picker.

Now about the "Accepting Trade Offers": I cant tell you how many complaints I have gotten about not wanting trades and getting nothing but trade offers. So we added the accept trade offer check box. I will check to ensure this feature is working correctly and that it defaults to checked when a listings is first placed.

I would like to hear your feedback on these issues more and I assure you guys that these issues will be fixed ASAP.

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion about the site. I've said it before, mautofied is where it is today because of its loyal users who tell us what that want, like and dislike.

- Mark DeSimone
Mautofied.com President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:29 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mark, I want to sincerely thank you for responding and addressing my issues in an honest and sincere fashion.

As to the search I never had a problem with it the old way except that if you wanted to use just the possible trades tab it wouldnt let you past the first page before returning you to the beginning of your search.....?IDK. I found it t be very efficient and straight forward. I used to search for items specifically and sometimes I would have it bring up all vehicles and would search through all 80 some odd pages. I enjoyed passing the time, researching, and making offers this way and would like to see it returned and I think that the parts tab as a seperate and equally functional section of mautofied would be a welcome and more and more necessary addition.

I also think that the accept trade offers button is a smart "fix" to some individuals problem but I believe having the box checked as default is the smarter idea. I have honestly seen an ad say possible trade yet they dont accept trade offers...?

I have other issues as well not pertaining to the newest additions if you would like to hear them as well.

Thank you,

Bradley Hudson-TwiztedAnimator

P.S

MIKE, ive been working my a s s off lol take care buddy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 pm 

There are things about the "New" site mods that I like and then there are some that I dont like. I like being able to accept or decline from the very get go on offers. what I dont like is not being able to get online. I am a stay at home mom, and college student. I get on this site atleast 20x a day to check out new things and to read the forums. Half the time I am not able to sign on, a message comes up saying that the site is down, or that there are updates being done...wtf. Its getting old that i have to wait hours when i want to get on at times. i have got to where i just browse other sites and then just randomly try before i am offline for the nite.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I have experienced the same problem as yotagrl81 with the error message and not being able to log on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[QUOTE=TwiztedAnimator] I have experienced the same problem as yotagrl81 with the error message and not being able to log on.[/QUOTE]

I just want to give you guys an update and let you know we are working very hard on getting the server issues fixed. Also the search problems with the location, state and for sale or trade tabs have been fixed. Things will be running smoth again real soon. Thanks for your patience guys, we wont let you down.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:20 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

[QUOTE=MARKD] [QUOTE=TwiztedAnimator] I have experienced the same problem as yotagrl81 with the error message and not being able to log on.[/QUOTE]

I just want to give you guys an update and let you know we are working very hard on getting the server issues fixed. Also the search problems with the location, state and for sale or trade tabs have been fixed. Things will be running smoth again real soon. Thanks for your patience guys, we wont let you down.[/QUOTE]

I am confident of that, if you continue to be this helpful success will never elude you my friend lol. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:54 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

May i make another sugestion...

It used to be that when you searched you could click into a persons listing view it and then hit the back button in your browser and it would take you back to the point you were in on the search list. I would like to see it returned to that.

i also think that alot more sales and trades would be made if more people parti[censored]ted in the forums. Would it be possible to send a message to everyone at once inviting them to join us here to help advertise thier rides and see others?

i am still finding people with listing looking to trade but it wont allow me to send them a trade offer i have to tell them that i have an ad and suggest that they go and biew it or give them an address to copy and paste....quite a pain.

For some reason it is goiving me an error message when you view my sold listing.....? idk

i think that it would be helpful if somehow you could exclude words in a search, say for instance i wanna look at trucks but i dont want to see 450 s-10s i could have it exclude s-10.

Also i think that expanding the search distance would be helpful at least to me because say im willing to travel 500 miles to make a trade perhaps another person is willing to do the same then i would need to search within 1000 miles to find someone who would meet me in the middle......i know that one is petty but i just thought that i would bring it up anyway.

What exaclty happens when i hit the report abuse button?   I have had people curse me out for no reason just cuz they got mad and had a smart mouth and i told them like it was but respectfully and ive hit the button. i also do this when i spot a scam but i never hear anything about it and the listings never get removed. I used to send them to benny but i think he may have gotten tired of hearing from me.

Anyway thank for actually readin all that and let me know.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:55 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

why did it censor p a r t i c i p a t e d? lmao

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]