Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Mautofied sneak peak
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BassLake wrote:
ya but he is kinda right like ur gonna pay a buck just to get ur vehicle on the top of the page for maybe 30-50min depending on what time of day and how many other ppl want to do it. i just think more ppl would actually suscribe and post a listing instead of o ya check my car out at photo bucket. like i think ur fan base could grow

Technically when you bump your car, its on the newest listing for that whole 24 hour period (day). The point of the different style listings, is how much, and how often it gets viewed. Sure if you get a basic free listing and pay for a bump it will still be on one of the last pages, but if you pay for the premium listings, you get on the first few pages... gets viewed lots!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I agree the Bumps seem a little high, but I also think 30 Days for a FREE AD is to long. 14 Days would be good for a Free AD. But thats just me. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

The sites growth will stop immediately and the members will decline almost as quick. I don't need to whine because Craigslist is free and i will not pay $1.00 per bump period. And no matter how many bumps you buy you do not get any kind of deal. Obamacare must have influenced the sites new direction. lol. If the bumps stay at $1.00 i will be starting a new less monopolized site. I am a web designer and i do not see where a site face lift can cause a 100% price increase for the same services. The increase does not add up and your site will FAIL. Many sites have went under using the same techniques you are trying now. It is better to make 50% of something than 100% of nothing, right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sexylexus wrote:
The sites growth will stop immediately and the members will decline almost as quick. I don't need to whine because Craigslist is free and i will not pay $1.00 per bump period. And no matter how many bumps you buy you do not get any kind of deal. Obamacare must have influenced the sites new direction. lol. If the bumps stay at $1.00 i will be starting a new less monopolized site. I am a web designer and i do not see where a site face lift can cause a 100% price increase for the same services. The increase does not add up and your site will FAIL. Many sites have went under using the same techniques you are trying now. It is better to make 50% of something than 100% of nothing, right?

Thats your perogative. But you apparently have no idea the over head Mautofied experiences. You go ahead and launch your website... see if you can obtain enough server space to maintain usability and integrity of that website. A small home server or online server space does not cut it. Trust me. Ive seen the massive server cabinets that Mautofied uses. Mautofied has been here for years, too many people like it, too many people join each day for it to go under. Im sorry you feel the way you do, but I gurantee you Mautofied will never be over monopolized.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am 

I love it! Ok, OK... Really just because it's my ride on the screen capture.

Chad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Personally, I love this "site". And what has steered people away isnt the site or the prices.....It's the idiots on here that overprice, undertrade, make stupid offers and whine! So if this dude makes another site, maybe we can send all the weee-tawds over there to play with him. And they can trade there junk back and forth all day-long!!!! Compare what the site has cost you to what the site has made you.....Then whine.....and if it has cost you more than you've made....Its because you have NO IDEA what you are doing!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I do however, hope that the issues with the parts section will be fixed.....for some reason I can never see more than one page......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

wilsons71907 wrote:
Personally, I love this "site". And what has steered people away isnt the site or the prices.....It's the idiots on here that overprice, undertrade, make stupid offers and whine! So if this dude makes another site, maybe we can send all the weee-tawds over there to play with him. And they can trade there junk back and forth all day-long!!!! Compare what the site has cost you to what the site has made you.....Then whine.....and if it has cost you more than you've made....Its because you have NO IDEA what you are doing!!!!!!

Amen brother... I have benefitted greatly from using Mautofied over the years. I have managed to start out with ride 1, 1995 chevy s-10 turd box, to a 2006 Dodge Charger, and a 2006 Mazda 6s which are both mine, paid for, free and clear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

To:sexylexus If u want to make your own site i say go for it lets see what it will cost you to keep it running....This site has been growing for years and has over 100,000 members and more joining everyday..I cannot imagine what it costs to run the site and dont think you are that well off to get a site as big as Mautofied up and going...Go to google and type in custom classifieds in the search bar and see what comes up!!!! This site is not going anywhere i assure u of that if anything the increase will weed out the jokers on here that just want to play games!!!! As far as craigslist if u want a inbox full of spam offers then thats the place to do business.. As far as the Admins on the site we are LOYAL and will not be going anywhere anytime soon...So feel free to tell your friends to go to your site so at least you will have a couple members Mautofied will make up losing you in about 20 mins...

Love the new site and i KNOW it will do just as well if not better than the site is doing now!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

to an extent the $1 dollar bumps is a bit of a *price gouge* IMHO. i know server cost, maintenance and administrative logistics is probably high. I speak from experience working with one of the largest online gaming providers (Blizzard Ent. World of Warcraft) So i understand where the price hike would be warranted.

But lets not forget why this site has grown over the years. its the place where its almost next to nothing to post up your custom ride for sale/ Whether your here to buy/sell/trade. this is like the bible for any auto custom. So with that the membership base has grown. I myself didnt mind paying the listing fees because it was at a reasonable price. I could post the same to autotrader which is more localized for our area or craigslist (sans the spammers). But you see this is the only place *specialized* for the custom market. all i ask is not to take advantage of that fact and try to squeeze the few more dollars out of people.

this is just my opinion. i been here quite a long time. maybe not as active in the forums. well maybe in the Brawl Room (i hate stupid people in general) anyways....i seen this site grown. frankly i've told everyone i met with any kind of custom car about this site. hell i even promote it when i do list stuff on craigslist. So with that im pretty much a diehard Mautofied fan. again im just voicing my opinions and concerns on this matter

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next