Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: the new setup!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:18 pm 

why did the website change? you cant click on the users name and see what they have for sale or trade, its really difficult to figure this out, and not to mention the website is much slower now! what is the purpose?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:19 pm 

purpose is to most Likely look more professional and possibly bring in more user's.

In all honesty... The whole compete rebuild should of been built, beta tested, re-beta tested (just for the fact this site is huge) then released when everything could be published to the public with no hick-ups, and none of the stuff that is happening now.

But Mad props to the new lay out. Im liking it, it was MUCH simpler before though. We should still have an option to keep it that way if we chose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:57 pm 

yeah i like it the old way alot better then this cause now u gotta get a user name to reply on forums and stuff and the old way the forum was at the bottom of the main page now you gotta look around for it and it sucks i like the old way better i havent even used it as much since the new way because it takes me to long to find [censored] lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You dont have to have a new account to post replies.  Your original mautofied.com account should work.  If you have any login problems let us know so we can fix your account.

There is alot more features, it will just take some time to get used to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:21 am 

how do you find what people have listed for sale while you are looking in the forums? this new mautofied is nice but SO dang confusing.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:36 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

[QUOTE=bryanatc1]why did the website change? you cant click on the users name and see what they have for sale or trade, its really difficult to figure this out, and not to mention the website is much slower now! what is the purpose?[/QUOTE]

We decided Mautofied needed a community.  It was getting to the point where there were several hundred posts a day.  MAUTOFIED.COM was not developed a a forum however, it had one attached to it for general help and information. 

Dont get me wrong, I was excited about MAUTOFIED.COM becoming a community and people interacting with each other asides conducting business.  So, the MAUTOFIED COMMUNITY was born.

When you made this post, we were still working out some bugs.  Several major bugs have been worked out.  Right now the site is running faster than ever.  Simply because the forums are not attached to it anymore!  And the issue about clicking on someones profile and seeing their listings.  Thats in the earlier stanges of development right now.  It will and needs happen!  Thanks for your input and you will get use to the new community, I promise!

[QUOTE=yotagrl81]how do you find what people have listed for sale while you are looking in the forums? this new mautofied is nice but SO dang confusing.....[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned above, we are in current development of making sure everyones listings are attached to their profile.  I am glad you like the NEW Mautofied Community, you will get use to it, it just takes time!  If you have any question please feel free to post!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:45 am 

I like some of the new features you have implemented and I'm sure once the bugs are out it will be much better and user friendly. I tried using the Image Gallery to get things started but it didn't  upload the pics so now I just have a empty gallery you might want to consider putting in a delete pics feature so if we screw up we can delete and start over. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 am 

I got the pics to post I had to import them straight from my computer. For some reason it wouldn't upload them from image shack. I know my avatar is to big I'm working on it . Keep up the good work

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:50 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

[QUOTE=bigblock455]I got the pics to post I had to import them straight from my computer. For some reason it wouldn't upload them from image shack. I know my avatar is to big I'm working on it . Keep up the good work[/QUOTE]

haha, I was just about to e-mail you about your avatar being too big!  If you need help resizing it, let me know.

FYI, your avatar should be no bigger than 128x128.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:54 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

i mean come on this version is way better it only took a couple days to work out thr bugs in a site this huge big ups the adminstratersa or w[censored]ver did it man besides not seeiong listing under names on here its a big improvment

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next