Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Comments for listings.... ?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm 

Hello all. I have been on this site for over a year now, and I just found this section to start a tread or discussion a few months ago... I guess I was too busy looking at cars. Anyway, I think it would be nice to have a "comment" section as to conditions of these listings. What I am saying is basically have an area for people to comment on a vehicle after they've seen in in person. I have had the pleasure of traveling several hundreds of miles over this past week to inspect possible trades for my current car. To make a long story short, both of the items were no where near as described via the ads that were placed. The first one was close, but still there were a few things that if stated would have saved me $$$$ in gas for the drive. The second one was a pile!! The asking price was of course higher than it should have been for what it was once I saw it, but had there been comments from anyone else that saw this truck I could have again saved not only the $$$, but the whole day on the road!! So, I hope that my "Suggestion" is looked at as a possible addition to this site. I think if there was a "Truthful" area for comments the whole price thing everybody complains about might take care of itself. Thanks for the read!

Post subject: Re: Comments for listings.... ?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:52 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It's good idea in theory, however, there is alot of BS'ers floating around here that would likely just abuse it and try to hurt the sale rather than use it properly.
Imagine that you traveled to look at something, it turned out to be something "less than" what you expected. You would come back here and give an honest evaluation of what you saw, but then that person would probably just attack your ads reputation just in an attempt to devalue or discredit your ad.
just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:07 pm 

I thought of that as well, and I'm sure you're 100% correct. The second guy would've probably done just that, but he knew his ad wasn't truthful. He was pissed I didn't swap, and high tailed it outta there before I could really get outta the way. I guess he'll have to keep looking for a dumb buyer because anyone with scene would walk away too. I was just more looking to save others the time and expense of going to see his junk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm 

i think under offers there should be a comment spot, where people can post comments and the owner of the vehicle cannot delete them, ive had a guy trade me a car and it was nothing like he explained it was, be the honest guy i am, i told him i would trade even though he lied about the car cuz he drove 2 1/2 hrs to me, so i traded, my stupudity, i didnt check the vin, and of course even the vin didnt match, i wish there was a comment section to warn other people of what he did and to watch for him. plus there is plenty of times i showed up places and the car/truck be a pile 2, so comment section would be great for every person on mautofied.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:12 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

thats what the site mods are here for. just address your concerns thru them and if the situation calls for action. they will rectify the problem.

having a comment box that is un-deletable by the poster will only warrant abuse by the asshats that plague this site.

just my .02 cents

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:10 pm 

We actually used to have comments in the listings when we first launched the site but those quickly turned into a bad thing. People were just going on listings and trashing the ride. There were just too many complaints from users that were paying money for listings. So we cut them out. There have been talks of bringing them back in and having the users moderate them. So, we will see. They did provide a lot of comedy throughout the day though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:00 pm 

i can understand u get idiots out there, but then again, some people lie like a rug on here about there postings, me and friends have went and looked at rides that are straight trashed and they show old pics and act like everything is fine, if u could post, went and looked at this car/truck, needs this and needs that, would save people time of going to look at it to find the same problems the owner didnt state in the ad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:50 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

its a novel idea by concept but the headache that will bring forth will not be worth it....like the old adage goes "Caveat Emptor". if the purchaser is willing to go the distance to make a deal..then its all up to him to make sure he is getting a legit deal. This is why is always a good bet to meet someone halfway on doing deals. that way the most you will incur in cost is whatever the amount of gas you spent. Look at the situation not like the glass is half empty..but look at it as if its half full. at least you go out of the house and went for a nice lil cruise :D

again its not hard to report that seller that made false claims on the condition of said vehicle. there is that "report abuse" button on everyones ad. you can mark them as a "Fraudalent Seller" then the site mods will do the rest.

now having that un-deletable comment box on everyone's ad is like opening up Pandora's box so to speak. granted it will provide comedic relief to an extent...but what will stop that person who is in the line of fire to just delete his ad and repost?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:10 pm 

That brings up a good point.....

If a user PAYS to have his vehicle listed, he is more likely to be legit and serious about selling his vehicle..Therefore the comment box should be DISABLED.

FREE Adds..Anything goes. They get stuck with the undelteable comment box. Along with some kind of "relisted" add status if they decide to delete and repost. OR negative comments stick with the username throughout user history. Sure, they will just delete and make a new account, But thats a red flag to the buyer...Someone whos been on here less than a couple months, You shouldnt be dealing with them anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 am 

I don't really think you can say not to deal with someone who hasn't been on here for a long time. Some people just find out about this site and are legit sellers such as myself. I haven't been on here fo a long time at all but I don't beat around the bush at all. Heck I even listed about my paint not being good for all you know in the pics it looks great but mine and your time should not be wasted. That's just my opinion though and about the comment box I don't think its a good idea and here is my reasoning. Say someone offers you a trade and you say no thanks but then they start talking crap about your car that they just tried to get. So who's to say they just can't ramble on and bad mouth you and possibly screw up any offer you might get? Just my .02 that's all I got from the obama change lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next