Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Comments for listings.... ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
again its not hard to report that seller that made false claims on the condition of said vehicle. there is that "report abuse" button on everyones ad. you can mark them as a "Fraudalent Seller" then the site mods will do the rest.

I would like to address this point. We get Abuse messages all the time about this issue, however I cannot do anything about it. If I were to lock a listing or account every time someone reported that the ad wasn't what was represented in the listing, this site would be like a ghost town. There would be nobody left. I cannot justify locking a listing just because someone said it wasn't accurate. For all I know the person reporting could be upset with the guy he reported because the guy responded rudely to his trade offer. There is no way for me to verify if the person reporting even went and looked at the car. Even if he did, my definition of what is good or not good may be different than his. To make a long story short, don't click the report abuse link for this issue because I ignore these reports. This is the reason we have the Brawl Room. If you drove a long ways to make a trade and left feeling like you wasted time/gas/money. Let us know right here in the Forums.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am 

Okay.... Since I'm the one that started this little chat, I guess I'll continue to clarify, or specify my whole point to begin with. The reason I thought it might be an "okay" idea was not to bash, trash or slander anyone what so ever. The point I stated to my buddy that was driving "back" to my home state was this; "Those pics sure made that truck look awesome. I'd hate for others to have to waste a day like we did to go see that wreck. I wonder if there is a way to post on the site about that?". We then discussed the fact that my friend, (who is no where near a car guy) could tell that the truck wasn't worth $6000, let alone near the $16,000 asking price for the item. If this truck would have been say... $12,000 in true value, then I might have considered the trade because that's what I wanted and not a fixer-upper with an above average body. The seller wasn't really misleading in the ad as much as he was when we spoke. He simply didn't say the whole truth. I don't think any comment further than, "This truck needs a lot to get to the asking price." or "Get CURRENT pics before viewing this item." would have been plenty to spark others to investigate before dealing on it. I'm just as much at fault for trusting it was what he said, as he was for not being 100% honest when asked. When I asked him if we could go for a ride, he said... "Umm, I guess." This was AFTER he pulled out all these forms he needed me to sign for his State to release a lean, and the title, and the registration, and so on...(None of which was in the ad.) This guy seemed nervous as a long tailed cat and simply wanted this truck gone ASAP. Again, I wasn't wanting to bash the truck, call him a crook or trash what he had. I was just suggesting some way of alerting others to beware. I know it could turn into a negative forum for the person's ad, but if the joker isn't lying, then they shouldn't be worried. In this day and age where every penny should be counted, us that like to be a bit more honest would only benefit from others like us that could see through the BS and read an honest review or comment. Hell, if someone with more knowledge than me came to see my car and pointed out any issues, I'd either adjust as needed or get the damn thing fixed. This really is more of a hobby to me as it might be for others. I like to play with my toys for X-# of days at which point my car ADHD kicks in and I'd like to play with something new. If it was going to be my living, then I'd probably stick with eBay or craigslist. Okay, maybe not craigslist but, I have a great job, and I like to trade and deal. I also value my time and my money, so I thought others would like to know stuff too. Sorry for the long read... I'll jump off this short little box I'm standing on and wish all of you the best of luck on your sales, trades or purchases.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I just have to personally salute you sir for taking the time to post here, and particularly for your proper usage of the keyboard, punctuation, and the English language. As silly as that may seem to most, it really does convey your true intelect. In that, it also helps to further express your point. It's hard enough to deal with alot of people these days, because it's difficult to know who to trust or believe, and who to take serious. Sometimes it's something as simple as knowing how to properly communicate with other people that can help enforce a feeling of trust and belief. When someone writes to you in "text" language, using abbreviations for every word and absolutely no punctuation, it's difficult to take them serious on anything they may say.
Thank you for being a part of this community, and good luck to you in your dealings here on Mautofied.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 am 

I totally agree with the statement above about punctuation and the messages in "text" language 100%

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:10 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

SuperPatrick wrote:
Quote:
again its not hard to report that seller that made false claims on the condition of said vehicle. there is that "report abuse" button on everyones ad. you can mark them as a "Fraudalent Seller" then the site mods will do the rest.

I would like to address this point. We get Abuse messages all the time about this issue, however I cannot do anything about it. If I were to lock a listing or account every time someone reported that the ad wasn't what was represented in the listing, this site would be like a ghost town. There would be nobody left. I cannot justify locking a listing just because someone said it wasn't accurate. For all I know the person reporting could be upset with the guy he reported because the guy responded rudely to his trade offer. There is no way for me to verify if the person reporting even went and looked at the car. Even if he did, my definition of what is good or not good may be different than his. To make a long story short, don't click the report abuse link for this issue because I ignore these reports. This is the reason we have the Brawl Room. If you drove a long ways to make a trade and left feeling like you wasted time/gas/money. Let us know right here in the Forums.

It Doesn't mean the account should be locked. just "looked into" and handled appropriately. if the site member cannot turn to an ADMIN about a problem then why bother paying for ads? ignoring the "report abuse" button is kinda out in the left field. being the site admin people would think you would take EVERY concern seriously. no matter if its BS or not. Hell thats why you have your Moderator crew right? Referring all problems to the "Brawl Room" So you the admins can admins can look at it there? meaning so it can made into a mockery where everyone and their mother can see it. how about handling it like professionals who runs a business and do it discretely for the sake of the party concerned and such?

If im coming off a bit annoyed is because with that statement from the site admin is pretty much "FUCK OFF" i dont got time to deal with your problems. which invites all kinda of asshats to this site. which is now about 90% of the membership. Im not one of those fanboys on here to kiss an admins/site owners ass...like getting my account locked is the end of the world..in all honesty out of my 19 plus deal...2 ads were actually traded/sold thru here. most of the time i just give them the link to my ad here to save me time on typing shit out...which is like free advertisement for this site. sad to say thank you Craigslist for being more productive for me.

with that said. looks like the inevitable has finally been reared its ugly head about this site. its populated mostly by little kids and douchebags and the Management dont have the time to look at concerns posted by members.

Mautofied once was an awsome place to try and sell/trade your ride.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey guys,

First I want to say all the concerns are valid.

Second, I wanted to step and further comment on what Pat said. We do look at all the reports, abuse links and everything that comes in. 99% of the abuse links are from the guy who actually started the argument and is now trying to tell on the other guy. We still do our best to look into the situation and if there are multiple reports we dig even deeper into the messages to make sure the guy is strait. If any of you have dealt with Pat before, you know he does not mess around and takes any issues very seriously.

This is an issue that happens on every classified site in the world. Guys are scumbags and try to pull one over the rest of us. There is no 100% solution other than getting involved in every transaction which would end up costing more time and resources for everyone. Trust me, we deal very swiftly with anyone we can prove is obviously causing problems with anyone else. We hate this as much as you do.

We have been planning a rating system but it takes time to really plan it and decide implementation because there are those who make it their mission to abuse whatever they can. 3-4 years ago we put in a comment system for listings. Certain individuals chose to use it to post pithy comments about others and degrade other members vehicles. This was not helping anyone in the end, so it was removed. This mission is not forgotten however, we want a solution that really solves the problem and are working on that even now.

Posting in the forums is a temporary solution for now until we build something that really goes the extra mile to help everyone out. I appreciate everyone in this thread voicing their opinion regardless of what it is because that is what we care about- our members and what they want. There is a long list and timing may not be as fast as anyone wants but it will get done. If there is a serious issue you feel we need to address immediately you can message or email us directly and we will look into it. Post as much info about them in the forums as you can- let everyone see how dubious they really are.

All you upstanding members make the site what it is. Do not let a few bad eggs ruin the site for you. Those guys will get what they deserve in the end. We appreciate your help and your support.

Cheers,

Marshall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 pm 

WOOHOOO!! Isn't a rocking boat more fun to ride in?? To Marshall1; If I truly thought that this was "abuse" I would have clicked that little button. I didn't take any of your statement/reply as a "F-Off" to me what so ever. To everyone else that replied; I guess this horse is dead enough and we should all put our sticks down. This site is what it is, and I am well aware of what's out there to deal with. (LOL, ttyl, u all r gr8!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

firerodder wrote:
(LOL, ttyl, u all r gr8!)

NOOOOOOOOOO! Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

dont mind me..im just getting grouchier in my old age.....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2