Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Senior members only forum??
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:53 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

What ever happen to the TRUST program that mautofied was doing?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:03 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

That's something we can talk about in the new forum. It is still something in development and perhaps those people developing the system will review our thoughts and input.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm 

Something that might work for those of us that have been here a long while but haven't posted a bunch and for those that have posted a bunch and have been here for a decently long time is make the forum private and invite only by the forum admins. Appoint a couple people as admins of the private forum and have anyone that thinks they qualify to be a part of it pm the admins for admittance. It shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

P.S. If this does happen, I would be willing to post a lot more since it would be worth it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I think this is a great idea and would keep the newbies that like to play games out people that do this for a livings business....

just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:35 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Excellent, the juices are flowing and everyone is excited. Looks like we will have great success with it since older ones that have become flys on the wall over time are now weighing in.

Since this would be a forum for "us" it should indeed be decided by us. I think a good idea is to keep the thoughts as to the setup of it going so that this thread will stay active for others who may "qualify" to catch what's happening..... AND to go ahead and start setting it up. Obviously, we humble admins will be allowed access with that said and all points that you have made considered and heard we ( most likely me but other admins are certainly welcome) will choose the first group of members and invite them to join if they so desire. I personally know of a handful of site/forum members that qualify without question in my mind IN ADDITION to some of you that have posted here so far. After the first members are "in"..... I would like to see a link, clickable by those interested in joining the group which will then submit thier name for consideration by the current members of the group after which a majority rule will allow or deny them access.
I want everyone to keep in mind that at this point it is all theory and while I say majority rules you need to understand that there is ALOT of behind the scenes work that goes on such as enforcing site rules, and while you may believe that a group applicant is the embodiment of what makes Mautofied the upper echelon of custom auto classified sites it IS possible that person may be a repeat rule breaker or otherwise since warnings are given discretely therefore it will ultimately the decision of the site admins who is allowed in the group. I personally would be willing to offer a brief explaination if a person is denied against the majorities will... None of this should be a problem for anyone. If a person wishing to join is truly of the caliber we are looking for in this new theoretical ( at this point) group then all things must be considered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:08 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

onelowliberty wrote:
Something that might work for those of us that have been here a long while but haven't posted a bunch and for those that have posted a bunch and have been here for a decently long time is make the forum private and invite only by the forum admins. Appoint a couple people as admins of the private forum and have anyone that thinks they qualify to be a part of it pm the admins for admittance. It shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

P.S. If this does happen, I would be willing to post a lot more since it would be worth it. :mrgreen:

I wanted to address your post seperately. When I saw you only had 1 post and this was it and you chose to finally post on THIS, it proved to me that this is worth it and will be a success and I wanted to thank and welcome you to the discussion. This is almost exactly what I had in mind.

Also, I was munching sunflower seeds lol and it hit me! Let me hit you with a hypothetical situation..... Since we will be able to more easily and actively network say for instance you had a vehicle you wanted to trade and knew exactly what you wanted to trade for but weren't getting offered it.... Well a trusted group of people such as the one we are trying to start would make three way trades more possible so if you wanted what I have and I wanted what you've been offered we could all meet and get what we wanted.... Give that some thought, I'll check again later. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:49 am 

TwiztedAnimator wrote:
I wanted to address your post seperately. When I saw you only had 1 post and this was it and you chose to finally post on THIS, it proved to me that this is worth it and will be a success and I wanted to thank and welcome you to the discussion. This is almost exactly what I had in mind.

Also, I was munching sunflower seeds lol and it hit me! Let me hit you with a hypothetical situation..... Since we will be able to more easily and actively network say for instance you had a vehicle you wanted to trade and knew exactly what you wanted to trade for but weren't getting offered it.... Well a trusted group of people such as the one we are trying to start would make three way trades more possible so if you wanted what I have and I wanted what you've been offered we could all meet and get what we wanted.... Give that some thought, I'll check again later. :-)

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am a member on many forums and even posted things for one of my old jobs (Extreme Dimensions) on 14 different forums at one point, so I know how how a forum should be. The majority of this forum seems to be out of control at times and if we can have an area that has nothing but trusted members I believe that your "Trade Agreement" idea would be one of many great perks that the "chosen" group could indulge in. I will think of some other ideas that can be possibly implemented as well and post them up soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 am 

im down for a senior forum members section. i dont post in the forums because of all the kids out there just wanting to start and e fight. lol ive been with mautofied since the beginning and have made over 50 trades on here.(not many in the recent couple years because of too many games on here)
ive been all over the country to do trades and anymore i get offers and nothing is followed through. with us older members having a forum to ourselves we can do business with one another knowing theres no messing around and keeping the children out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

More proof! Thank you Will. And again if you know of any old members that haven't dropped in, use the members list and send them a pm, let them know what's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

This is a very good idea especialy about the "trusted " three way trade part. Best idea since apple pie.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next