Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Senior members only forum??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I would like to suggest a senior members only forum. Not sure how that would work. Maybe something having to do with how long youve been a member or how many posts or perhaps some sort of "trust" verified people or a combo of all of that.... I just think it would be nice for the people that have stuck with Mautofied (Mautofieds elite so to speak) and would be a small incentive or "goal" for others.

Post subject: Re: Senior members only forum??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

TwiztedAnimator wrote:
I would like to suggest a senior members only forum. Not sure how that would work. Maybe something having to do with how long youve been a member or how many posts or perhaps some sort of "trust" verified people or a combo of all of that.... I just think it would be nice for the people that have stuck with Mautofied (Mautofieds elite so to speak) and would be a small incentive or "goal" for others.

i agree!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds good to me. I will work on getting something up shortly. What do you want to call the forum section?

-Marshall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:11 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

that would be sweet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

how long u gotta be a member? to get in

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:00 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I let this die and shouldnt have. How about some of the senior members help me name the private forum for senior and higher ranking members and establish some sort of requirements to get in. Ill keep an eye on this and ask Marshall to implement it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Problem I can see is how do you define a senior member? Ive been on here longer than most but just because I dont post whore im classified as a newbie.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

exactly :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 am 

I agree with Simon McNasty! Ive been here a couple years and have only made a few posts! Itll be tough but Im sure we can figure it out! I like the idea because alot of the newer users are just retarded at times! Notice I said some not all! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:35 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

simonmcnasty wrote:
Problem I can see is how do you define a senior member? Ive been on here longer than most but just because I dont post whore im classified as a newbie.....

Simon I think You'll make the group buddy lol. Since 03...yeah your a shoe in!
But your right man it'll have to be a combo of both or maybe either or, that being post or time since joined. we just need to decide the limits for both. Keep it flowing guys and we will get in nailed down and try and get it going.

Personally I want it where only the ones in the group can get in the group and view it.
Also this will make networking easier for all the people that do business on a regular basis here AND together we can police the site and keep the mautofied beautiful. I know it will be alot easier to check in this new thread to see if there is anything suspicious going on that we might need to check out..etc

So maybe a combo of how many posts, vehicles sold, and time on the site can be used to determine a persons eligibility. for instance maybe a person dosent post but has been here for years and years (simonmcnasty) he would be in, or a person hasnt sold very many cars but posts a good bit and is well know and know to be a good person that follows Mautofied rules, or a person that has sold many cars but dosent post very often and hasnt been here long.....

As a total side note, if a person dosent post much I get an uneasy feeling if they havent been here for a long time like SimonMcnasty letting them in because Id expect this new place to be very active and its kind of an indicator that they wont be in a way....

Simon.. you may remember several forum versions ago there was a tight knit and very active and talkative forum... this is what Im going for.

Another side note....Id love this to be a private forum as I said before with maybe a few threads BUT id love a chat box at the top so people who are on at the same time can talk instantly.. I believe this is something the forum has been missing for some time. If any of you know any senior members that havent posted yet contact them and invite them in here while we network this thing out.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next