Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: anyone want this 84 chevy c-10 454 bbc?????
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 pm 

looking at trade offers for this 84 c-10 its a shortbed with 454 big block chevy. see add for more details.

looking to trade for lifted trucks,diesel trucks,dually's,fullsize trucks,mustangs,musclecars,hotrods,harley's or??????? JUST TRY ME BUT NOT REALLY LOOKING FOR ANYTHING BAGGED OR RICED OUT

BRING ON SOME TRADES

Post subject: Re: anyone want this 84 chevy c-10 454 bbc?????
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:41 am 

still looking at trade offers, is anyone trading anything these days? i am open to all serious trade offers but i really need a truck that i can pull a car trailor with.

if its a nice truck i will trade my jeep grand cherokee and my chevy c-10,

im looking for diesels,duallys,3/4 tons, i will also look at nice ram 1500's,z 71's,f150,
or???? just try me... im looking to make a trade soon, so if you are serious send me some offers

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It's just not worth what you're asking. I sold a similar truck last year in similar condition for $2500.
I just don't see many people wanting to trade, what you're looking for, for a truck like yours.
I bet they are also thinking that your truck should be able to pull a car trailer just fine.
If you want to trade for some of the things on your list, it may take trading all three.

Just sayin'. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:37 pm 

:twisted: thanks for your opinion but that is what it is,its just your opinion. i didnt say i was looking to trade for a brand new truck, or a new diesel, im just looking for something bigger. also just because you sold your truck for 2500 that doesnt make mine worth 2500. :?

as far as my truck being able to pull a trailor, it has plenty of enough power but who wants to pull a car trailer with a lowered half ton truck :?: :lol: anyways thanks for your input but i disagree :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:15 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It's a 28 year old truck with rust...... And prob not even close to perfect condition I don't see where u get 5k

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm 

see here is the thing, its priced at 5k because after looking at comparables on this site, 5k was a good starting point.

i dont care if i get rid of it or not, and i dont want to sale it, i just want to trade it for something. so that is the reason for the 5k price, but i never said my truck was worth 5k that is just what i posted it at because im looking for trades and im open to all reasonable trade offers, but everything on this site is so over priced these days, you have to post a lil high if you want to get any decent trade offers.

also most of the c-10's on here have 305 or 350 engines to where mine has a strong running 454 big block chevy engine, and you dont see many with the bbc engne.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:19 pm 

I think that $5,000 is a fair starting price for this truck the 454 big block engine and trans alone is worth $2,000+ and the only rust is in the cab corners thats cheap and with a little know how fixed in a day. Give the guy a break if you don't want to trade for what he has then mind your own business. We don't want this site to turn into another craigslist do we guys???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

buickfan wrote:
the only rust is in the cab corners thats cheap and with a little know how fixed in a day.

This is one of my favorite ad lines. Lol.
If it's such an easy fix, and or doesn't cost much, then why not just fix it and either raise the price or have a better chance of selling for the original price?
Last time I checked, you can either patch the rust by welding in new metal, or buy cab corners and weld them in, and in either case, do some body work, prime, and then paint the repair area and everything surrounding it so it looks right (which could easily just lead to painting the whole cab if not the whole truck). So what about that sounds easy or cheap?
As far as the motor and tranny being worth $2K, maybe so. So let's look at it this way.....yank the motor and trans out of the chassis. How much is that rolling chassis worth without it? Maybe $1000-1200? Probably less considering if the corners are rotted, there is surely some more rot lurking around the rest of the body.
So what does that come up to?.....about $3200 max. Makes sense to me.
I'm not just trying to be a hard a$$ to anyone. I'm just responding to his query as to why "Is anyone trading anything these days?". Yeah, lots of people are trading, but that $5k price tag, and the list of items he's looking for, is why he hasn't found a deal yet. Most of what he has on the list is going to be worth more than his truck, no matter how high he prices it.
Maybe if he offered a dollar amount he would be willing to pay WITH the truck.

I'm not alone on this. Lord knows we get the whole "overpriced" threads once a week.

When you post something on here (an OPEN forum), then unless you are presenting a pretty legitimate deal, you're open to opinions and advice. Gotta get used to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am 

ok guys thanks for all the input and opinions lol

but this thread can be closed because i traded the truck today for a nice harley sportster.. thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

gearhead37683 wrote:
ok guys thanks for all the input and opinions lol

but this thread can be closed because i traded the truck today for a nice harley sportster.. thanks

Sounds like some vasoline was used here, about 2 gallons worth

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]