Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Do i need to jack my price up and have over 150k on my car
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:27 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

like seriously do i need to ask like 15k and put on another 150k on my car to get real offers i know it has a rebuilt title but damn it got hit in the hatch and was completly fixed by pros. i see cars on here with over 150k on them and asking 15k yes there modified but doesnt mean it makes a car worth 5k more or 10k more like seriously a kid with a 99 civic asking 9k for his offered me and take a look at the car seriously maybe worth 3k and funny part he asked me for 2k cash with my car are u f kidding

Post subject: Re: Do i need to jack my price up and have over 150k on my car
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

You are just asking too much, and anyone with a computer can easily go see what your car is worth on KBB and NADA and see that your price is just too high.
It's always hard to really determine true value as well on a salvage title, unless the buyer is a qualified repair tech and can accurately determine the repairs. Most people would NOT know what to look for and will just pass on it at your price.
First off, if it was JUST hit in the hatch, and branded due to the cost of repairs, it tells people that the damage was severe enough to qualify it for salvage, and with a clean retail value (according to NADA) of $10,900, then that says the estimated repair cost was quite substantial, and will lead people to believe it was MORE than just the hatch that was damaged.
NADA gives a rough trade in value of $6825, and realistically, that IS approximately the value of your repaired vehicle (as long as the repairs are done properly, inside and out), even though NADA and KBB does not list any values for branded titles.
Anyone who even considers your car, will have to weigh the fact that IF they bought it, and changed their mind and decided to sell it, what could they ask for it (certainly not $9k).
Another consideration is that your car has a very niche market. Not everyone wants a square shoebox. They are great, economical vehicles, and they have a purpose, but the crowd that desires to have one is a bit smaller than say, the Honda crowd.
I would simply recommend reconsidering your price, or just keep it and enjoy the gas mileage (gas prices are projected to go right back up this summer).
I rebuild salvage title vehicles through my shop, but not for people who wish to sell for profit (because there is no profit to be made on them anymore), but instead, I rebuild cars that the customer actually desires to have and drive for personal enjoyment.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re: Do i need to jack my price up and have over 150k on my car
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Here's quite a few of them for sale (varying mileage of course) for $6500-$8900.
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2006-Scion-xB-c5823

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]