Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Got screwed by robert from san antonio with supra
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:25 am 

Well i had my 96 supra and was going to trade robert from san antonio with z06. I had posting of my car all over the place and was getting calls daily. I got a call and a guy said that my car was listed in san antonio for sale by a guy named robert, and robert told him that he had the supra sitting in his garge lol!!! i was in the supra driving it into town at this time.... that showed me this guy was a liar.... then we decided to trade so i was going to drive 6 hours to san antonio to get theis z06 that was supposed to be mint, well when i got there, holy sh*t it needs so much work!!! neither of the fenders lined up, hood dont line up, cracks in the fiberglass everywhere and so on... he decided to give me some money and we worked out the deal. no to sign titles, o wait, its not even in your name??! he said it was in his sisters name for insurance reasons and he would send me a copy of her license, well now he will not return my calls or texts. i will not ever be able to register this car in louisiana because he lied. this car is literally worthless to me, i will have to fix everything and sell it to someone in tx. he also is not telling truth about the supra, if anyone wants to buy it, message me and i will tell you everything there is to know about the supra before you spend your money. he is already lieing about the condition of it and someone shouldnt waste their time driving all that way unless they know what they are going to see.

Post subject: Re: Got screwed by robert from san antonio with supra
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:40 am 

How many red flags do you need thats shows you he was a shady person? I mean really??? It sucks for your but you cant complain because of your own ignorance, if the title wasnt in his name that would have been a deal breaker for me. Besides you must have liked the cash he gave you or i "think" you might have not done the deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 am 

yes there were many red flags after i drove 6 hours, if he wouldnt have lied and just been up front and told me he would give me some cash, it would have been ok, but dont lie to me for a week and then let me make a 6 hour drive... he did give me some cash, but that doesnt make it ok that he lied to me and conned me into driving 6 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Track down the name on the title and talk to them to see if you can get it straight. There should not be any reason why you can't get the title work straightened out so you can sell it, or whatever your plans may be for it.

Lesson learned I hope.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:50 pm 

brandonw337 wrote:
yes there were many red flags after i drove 6 hours, if he wouldnt have lied and just been up front and told me he would give me some cash, it would have been ok, but dont lie to me for a week and then let me make a 6 hour drive... he did give me some cash, but that doesnt make it ok that he lied to me and conned me into driving 6 hours.

If i was to drive 6 hours and it wasnt what the seller said plus the title was messed up i would have drove my happy ass back.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]