Post subject: Re: whats happen to mautofied
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 am 

and by the way that flat black silverado is bad ass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

dave1989 wrote:
im just going by what you said .......and as far as the truck and the dirt bike they are worth about the same cash wise give or take a little so why was that a bad offer...just because u put 12500 on your truck doesnt mean its worth it

Looks like someone else was "dropped on their head".

Where do you see any kind of "equality" between a used dirtbike and a clean custom truck? If you're inferring that either that dirtbike is worth anywhere close to ten grand, or that my SRunner is only worth a few grand, I would definately have to believe that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and thus, I would have to lump you together with all of the other "general idiots" that are on here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:19 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Its a nice truck, but lieing about a nada of 9200 is dumb when its so easily checked. NADA is 4600, KBB is 5300. Still not a bad nada for a 10 year old truck with high miles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm 

On top of that, Tacomas are ugly. I'd say trade for the dirtbike. I've learned the hard way that just because you want something to be badass and super nice... that doesn't mean that it is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

i wanna know what is so custom on it anyway????? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:52 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

You're right. NADA has dropped since I placed the ad.
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2001/Toy ... -Equipment

KBB is retarded, which is why noone uses them anymore, unless they are trying to buy a vehicle from another retard.
http://www.kbb.com/toyota/tacoma-xtraca ... =excellent

Ugly is a matter of opinion.

#1. SRunners are rare. You will hardly ever see one for sale (or see one period) compared to the thousands upon thousands of normal Tacomas. Google it to read the differences between them.
#2. Mine is customized just like anyone who likes a street machine would. It doesn't have to be on bags to be custom (like 99% of all the mini's on here). It's a "sport-truck".

As the OP asked "what has happened to Mautofied?". It has been over-run by a bunch of illiterate idiots. What your vehicle is worth and what someone else "thinks" it should be worth. What is a good trade? A good trade is someone wanting to trade what they have for something they want, and vice-versa. Not wether someone thinks they have reason or not to pass up on a trade offer.

Do I WANT a dirtbike? No. Would I be foolish to not trade for a dirtbike? Not really. My truck is much more useful. Common sense.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:12 pm 

See you just have to put yourself in the other persons shoes. Say jdmcivic2010 or whatever has the tacoma and someone offers him the trade for the dirtbike, would he take the trade? Highly doubtful IMO Most of the stuff on here is WAY WAY over priced and if you offer a trade they want some ungodly amount of money to go with it. I could care less what your car/truck is listed at but when you have it priced 5-6k above what i should be i just laugh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:57 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I didn't just pull my price tag out of my rear end when I decided to put my truck up for sale. I spent weeks searching online for similar Tacomas ('01-'04) and based my price according to what everyone else was selling them for.
I can easily go through CL and other online advertisment sites and pick out dozens of extra cab Tacomas, varying mileage and condition, and show how I came about my price tag. Some trucks were cheaper, some were actually more. Some were 4cyl, a few were 6cyl. Out of all of the ads I could find from Maine to Florida, and west as far as Missouri, I only found TWO SRunners, and they were priced higher than mine ($14-$16k). Most of the trucks I found that were even comparable or better condition (mileage) were ALL priced $9500-$12000. Sure, I found some that were priced lower ($6500-8000), but they were all either higher mileage, 4cyl, or in less than perfect condition.
I will not tell someone what I believe their vehicle is worth based on "blue book". I'll look for other similar vehicles for sale currently and see what they are going for. Surely you don't believe that because KBB or NADA says a 1969 Camaro is worth $450 (for example) that you would expect to find one for that much????
It's the same with MY SRunner. The number of them originally built, the number of them surviving today, the availability of them, and just the ratio of normal Tacomas available in comparison. If someone wants a "run-of-the-mill" Tacoma, there are plenty of them available at a cheaper price than mine (not really much cheaper). If someone wants something better, especially something "different", then mine is priced according to the rest of the market, and they would know this if they researched it. Not just taking KBB's word for it. Lol
When someone offers me $6500 for my truck, it's just because they have absolutley no idea what an SRunner is, or probably have never even HEARD of one before, so I blame it on pure ignorance.
If a stock 1968 Mustang goes across tha stage at Barrett-Jackson and sells for 10 times what it did a year ago, guess what, the market price for '68 Mustangs just went up all across the country as a result. It can go down in the same manner.
Go do some research and you'll see what I am talking about.
The only reason I was able to see so much for myself was because I have been looking for another Tacoma 4wd, and when you look enough, you see all of the other trucks as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

yotaforce wrote:
I can easily go through CL and other online advertisment sites and pick out dozens of extra cab Tacomas, varying mileage and condition, and show how I came about my price tag. Some trucks were cheaper, some were actually more. Some were 4cyl, a few were 6cyl. Out of all of the ads I could find from Maine to Florida, and west as far as Missouri, I only found TWO SRunners, and they were priced higher than mine ($14-$16k). Most of the trucks I found that were even comparable or better condition (mileage) were ALL priced $9500-$12000. Sure, I found some that were priced lower ($6500-8000), but they were all either higher mileage, 4cyl, or in less than perfect condition.
I will not tell someone what I believe their vehicle is worth based on "blue book". I'll look for other similar vehicles for sale currently and see what they are going for

Yea, but how many of those Tacomas actually sold for said price? Sellers shouldn't base the price of their items on what other sellers are selling them for... [They] should base the price on what similar items have SOLD for. The keyword here being SOLD. For example: It doesn't matter if there were fifty regular base 1999 Silverados on eBay and all of them were priced at $9000. What matters is how many have actually SOLD for $9000. You can price something for as much as you want, but it ALWAYS comes down to how much someone is willing to pay.

On a side note, do you guys REALLY want to have a laugh? Check out what people have actually offered for this 1969 Camaro:

http://www.mautofied.com/listings/offer ... =EDDFMEEDF

I mean, seriously?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 am 

People always send offers of things that they know have no chance in hell. I think just so people will see there car on there and laugh. It got you to do it right? I could make a ad with a beat to hell car and offer it to a car that priced at 20k just so people will laugh and say "hey did you see this offer" lol [ou might as well show the dakoda that's priced at 25k well it was priced at 50k but some people just lik seeing their ad on the site I believe.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 10   [ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next