Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 10   [ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: whats happen to mautofied
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Wtfpwnt wrote:
On top of that, Tacomas are ugly. I'd say trade for the dirtbike. I've learned the hard way that just because you want something to be badass and super nice... that doesn't mean that it is.

lol love that forum name! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:43 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

ThreeD wrote:

but it ALWAYS comes down to how much someone is willing to pay.

Exactly. You see, I really like my truck alot. I like driving it, I like seeing it in the driveway, and I get alot of compliments on it. I'm not broke, or desperate need of money, etc...... so I do not have to sell it. It's no big deal to me.
I only considered selling it to buy a 4wd Tacoma for winter time, but I can easily just go buy a cheaper, older, beater to drive in the snow. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm 

it is a clean truck... i was just figuring on cash value the dirt bike is worth about 4500 give or take and by the looks of it in today's market the truck about the same 5000 on a good day. it is what it is. that's why i said give or take a few $.....and just for the record you really compare a 69 camaro with a toyota pickup truck..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:26 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

dave1989 wrote:
by the looks of it in today's market the truck about the same 5000 on a good day.

Which tells me that you do not know the market very well. I can understand that unless you have been looking at Tacomas alot lately (and not just on Mautofied Lol).

I was not comparing a 69 Camaro to a Tacoma. I was comparing how "blue book" is limited when it comes to vehicles that are not very abundant.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 pm 

so how much is and extended cab 2wd 9 year old pick up with 145000 miles on it worth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

dave1989 wrote:
so how much is and extended cab 2wd 9 year old pick up with 145000 miles on it worth

If it were just a standard run-of-the mill 2wd ext cab, right around $8500-9000 (according to the prices online), but it's NOT a standard run-of-the-mill Tacoma. You don't seem to understand what "special options" or "peformance model" means. You talk as though it's just a regular model, and yet it is not. I give up. I cannot continue to explain it. Whatever. It's ok.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:12 pm 

um the only 9 year old performance pickup that goes for 9000 is maybe say an f150 lighting and 9000 on your truck is for clean retail....what you could expect to pay from a dealership.....maybe anyways good luck with your sale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:15 pm 

um the only 9 year old performance pickup that goes for 9000 is maybe say an f150 lighting and 9000 on your truck is for clean retail....what you could expect to pay from a dealership.....maybe.... anyways good luck with your sale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 pm 

and if someone did offer you 6500 for they would be offering you about what clean trade in is worth .... wouldnt be a bad idea to take it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:39 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Are you still beating this dead horse? :roll:

After all of the attention and positive reaction and comments today at a car show, there is absolutely no reason for me to reconsider my asking price. $6500???? I was offered $10,500 for it just two weeks ago! It seems to make a difference when you actually SEE the truck in person. Again, I like like this truck, so I do not have to let it go for just anything. Not even $10,500.

A red SR just went on the market in VA for $16k. Are you going to track him down and "talk some sense into him" as well?

Some people buy Toyota because of resale value, as well as reliability. There aren't too many domestic vehicles that can equal that fact. 145k miles on a Toyota is equivalant to 50k miles on a domestic. It's just fact. No need to even start that argument.

Stop adding "reasons" for me to price drop and let it go man.

At this rate, all you're going to do is convince me to raise the price back up. Lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 10   [ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next