Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: liars n cheaters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm 

Most people who spend time and money to mod rag the crap out of their stuff anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:15 pm 

If we're going to get on a soap box...

Some of us are serious. We spend the money on the bigger ads. We pictureS. We completely fill out the descriptions. We link to other websites with more pictures and videos. We want to accurately represent what we have so buyers can make an informed decision. After you are signed up and in the game you find out that everyone else posts 1 picture and very little information about their vehicle.

and I get an offer from a guy with a truck with a busted transmission. I tell him to fix his transmission and kick in 2500. I get "LOL I dont think so" back. I did take the time to send back to him that I didn't know what was funny, that had more in motor and transmission than his truck was worth fixed.

Or I get an offer from a Jeep owner. I ACCEPT the offer and ask how they want to do it. "They will get back to me." Since that time (5 days) they have changed the single picture in their ad twice. That's crap.

Or I have accepted a cash offer AND a vehicle plus cash offer and never hear from either one again.

OR I get one from a user who said I just traded for a car you offered for. Are you still interested in it? Why yes, I am. I never hear from them again but the car is sitting out there in their que.

I think there should be a ratings system that tracks vehicles listed, offers made, offers accepted and offers COMPLETED. That would give us an idea of if the person we are talking to is serious and would also potentially weed out some of the game players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

JAADEP wrote:
If we're going to get on a soap box...

Some of us are serious. We spend the money on the bigger ads. We pictureS. We completely fill out the descriptions. We link to other websites with more pictures and videos. We want to accurately represent what we have so buyers can make an informed decision. After you are signed up and in the game you find out that everyone else posts 1 picture and very little information about their vehicle.

and I get an offer from a guy with a truck with a busted transmission. I tell him to fix his transmission and kick in 2500. I get "LOL I dont think so" back. I did take the time to send back to him that I didn't know what was funny, that had more in motor and transmission than his truck was worth fixed.

Or I get an offer from a Jeep owner. I ACCEPT the offer and ask how they want to do it. "They will get back to me." Since that time (5 days) they have changed the single picture in their ad twice. That's crap.

Or I have accepted a cash offer AND a vehicle plus cash offer and never hear from either one again.

OR I get one from a user who said I just traded for a car you offered for. Are you still interested in it? Why yes, I am. I never hear from them again but the car is sitting out there in their que.

I think there should be a ratings system that tracks vehicles listed, offers made, offers accepted and offers COMPLETED. That would give us an idea of if the person we are talking to is serious and would also potentially weed out some of the game players.

I agree with everything you said, but it doesnt take a shitload of Pictures and a Big Expensive AD to be Serious about Trading or Selling. I myself have Sold alot on this site since I have been here, I have Posted more pics on some AD's, some I didnt, but I am always very serious when it comes to Trading and havent had any complaints of not being serious yet....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:41 pm 

I too am serious about trading/selling. My whole complaint is you can fill the description to the last character ending with I don't want this this or this only interested in this or this and it seems like you only get offers for everything you don't want. Granted there are offers out there for what you want. But come on people read the add.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:26 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

You can usually tell after the first offer and reply if the other end is serious or not. Only having 1 pic doesn't bother me, just send more to me along with the detail. If they can't send more pics, can't tell me more about it or can't answer my questions I know it's not gonna happen and move on. The big adds that are bumped 5 times a day and have 30 pics don't impress me, usually skip them when searching the new listings anyways. 1 pic will sell anything with the right person doing it !! ;) ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:56 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

OUTCAST13 wrote:
You can usually tell after the first offer and reply if the other end is serious or not. Only having 1 pic doesn't bother me, just send more to me along with the detail. If they can't send more pics, can't tell me more about it or can't answer my questions I know it's not gonna happen and move on. The big adds that are bumped 5 times a day and have 30 pics don't impress me, usually skip them when searching the new listings anyways. 1 pic will sell anything with the right person doing it !! ;) ;)

Agree 100% :!:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2