Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Jacked up prices!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:02 pm 

This is the first time ive posted here. But its been bothering me how people have some very very high prices for their vehicles that arent worth half of that! For instance...

theres a 93 civic listed for 12,500, no ac or ps, fading paint, car has over 100k miles....
Or a spray painted del sol with almost 200k miles for $7k
99 s10 with over 130k miles, lowered on 20's for $15k
99 ford ranger, lifted with 125k miles for $15

i just had to get that out... i didnt want to post these people add's on here but if you look for them youll see who im talking about

Post subject: Re: Jacked up prices!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:09 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Im going to be frank with you. This isnt the first post weve seen like this. It probly wont be the last. But thats the way it is on here. That is probly one of 4,000,000 things that goes into the mautofied un-official sellers guide. What Im trying to say is you will see hundreds of things on here that doesnt make since or just pisses you off. If its bad enough. Theres a report abuse link. In a way you just have to know how to play the game. ;) ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 pm 

I relate to this. I see Turbo Cars that are selling for 10 grand and above all day. Mostly 90's model Civics and Tegs that bluebook for $1,000.00-$1,500.00 on kbb. That is BS. I am a Tech and i bought a 96 civic with 140k off CL for 1500, it was cleaner than most i see on here also, and bought a Turbo and intercooler off ebay for under 850. I spent about another $250.00 on parts and piddly things. Hooked it up in a weekend with my friends. I put some wheels on it for 500 and when it was all said and done i had 3 grand in the car and it looked better than 80% of the civics on here. After i beat it around for a couple months i sold it for 3500 CASH off CL. Well i would think that that is the end of the story but it is not. I seen the car being sold on here for $11,500.00, hahahahaha. Dude actually offered it to me for a 2002 Lexus IS300 i was selling for 12k. His mileage said 10,00, and he said he had put a new v-tech engine in it. Well the block was still painted the same color as when i sold it so i know the engine was not replaced. PEOPLE ARE STUPID, CALL THEM OUT!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

THATS NOTHING. LOOK AT THIS.....
http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100251717.htm This kid offered me this Jetta for my Z71. Unlike 90% of the Z71's on here mine has under 100k miles and still books mid 8,000 to mid 9,000. His Jetta books for 3500 in excellent condition and he has it priced at 6500. I told him no thanks and he got smart so I had to crush him with common sense. Then his last response was that his (automatic) Jetta was a gold mine!!!! LOL. I'm not into tuners but i Bought a Jetta a while back and it was a 5 speed Wolfsburg edition. I priced it reasonably. Booked for 3800, and had 2200 in the engine. So I sold it for 4300. Tried telling this dumbass but you cant make em drink.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

ya know..i been gone for a few months..came back on here and its worse than ever with the prices..............FKN WOW!

i mean dont these people know this is not a sellers economy? show trucks still selling for 30k plus? LOL! trucks with 170k miles selling for 16k....a stock PONTIAC car for 10k LOL!!!!!

frankly i come on here just to LOL at the prices. even down in my parts in SOCAL section..the pricing is ridiculous. im almost afraid to post my truck on here again because i might be called a scammer. im going to post just a bit above KBB considering it has 3k plus into the motor/trans done to it with a LS2/LQ9 motor swap.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I see alot of the same thing, but I believe more and more people are just treating this site like it is Cardomain. Thay are here just to TRY to show off (and MAYBE trade up).
I always price my cars up slightly because each car I build involves a deal of money and parts, and I, as everyone else, would like to try to get some of the investment back out of it. Pricing up, within reason of course, will simply give some bargaining room when someone seriously wants your vehicle. We all know that 90% of the offers getting thrown around on here are the exact opposite of the topic we are discussing. I try to sell a car that books at 4k, I get 2k offers ALL DAY. I add in 4k worth of parts and labor and run it for around 7k as a custom, and I still get the 2k offers. It's normal. If someone really wants it, and offers a realistic figure, like 5.5k, they will probably take it home. That's not really the case these days with some of these guys. They are either just wanting to show off, or they are slinging it on the trade block hoping that when the other person sees their price tag, they may think it's doable, until they realize that person is just trying to trade UP for themselves. Forget about it.
How about those $1 cars and trucks with 2,000,000 trade offers. LOL! Thay are not here to trade at all. Idiots.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 pm 

I had a guy offer me a GTP and i said no thanks. Well then he begins to tell me how his car beats his friends Spec-v sentra like mine. Well i replied i sure would hope so you have a 3.8 supercharged motor compared to a 2.5 NA motor ? I mean its common sense really on which car would win but damn if someone says no thanks to your trade no need to get all offended and cry. I do agree you see people with 1k cars for crazy prices i just skip over them lol Hell i just delete the dumb offers i get it looks like i only have 3 offers but i have had other worthless crap offered

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 am 

I guess everybody goes thru it. 87 monteCarlo 7500 rebuilt engine, 700 trans, old paint job, its has only 500 miles after rebuild on the motor. I as trying to trade a very solid PROJECT NOVA (all caps so you can see how I had to tell him) now he is upset cuz he wants to trade me but wants me to finish my car up for the trade, I supplied all parts to finish my car off but tumble weed thinks my 72 nova with a bbc 461 is not worth a trade for a running car Jus wondering how people can keep playing games on here when there should be some way to delete the a$$holes off of the site. Wow I wonder how much a nova finished up built the way mine is would go for so I could show slappy, mautofied should have the value of cars be side each car so it might help get rid of dumb a$$es!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 pm 

What cracks me up the most is salvage title vehicles that they have way over priced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Like this one:
http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Toyota-Ta ... 100373536/

The guy works at a junk yard where they sell wrecked "repairables" yet he says it was just a theft recovery. He told me he wanted $12k for it when I talked to him, yet on here, it's a bit more than that, and even with the low miles, you can find similar trucks with a clean title for around $10.5-$12k. One of my friends tried his best to buy it (for less of course) even with the salvage title. He said that the only thing done to it was the interior was stripped out. Who steals a truck and strips the interior out? And why was the whole truck painted over? Makes you wonder.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next