Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOW BALLERS REALLY PISS ME OFF
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

BostonHooligan wrote:
Its shocking that people think prices should be set according to values of a STOCK vehicle. NADA or Kelly doesnt mean shit in the world of custom, modified or other than stock cars. If you want to pay for a stock vehicle than go shop on autotrader or craigslist. If you have a highly modded show piece then get it proffesionally appraised and price accordingly. People lowball because thay assume everyone is hard up in this economy and they want to offer a ridicoulous price, not everyone is jobless and/or homeless. I agree some people are crazy on prices, not everyone. Try standing in there shoes and add up the cost to duplicate what they are selling. See how some of you like it when you come pack to sell your shit. I also agree that people need receipts for everything to prove whats done.

well you in for one hell of a WAKE UP CALL...every buyers opinions is based on the national standard on pricing...KBB/NADA is a good reference guide to what a vehicle is worth in the REAL WORLD. no matter if its custom or stock.

People usually build custom vehicles for personal use. so they spend or do a lot of work to the said vehicles. but there is that time where that vehicle is going to be sold. you don't build customs to make money..plain and simple. you will not get back what you put it. even if your building Concourse De' Elegance caliber type of cars. The profit margin on those is about only 10% of breaking even.

So just because you put X amount of time and money into one project, that doesn't mean you will get back 100% of the money you think its worth to you. A vehicle is only worth as much as what a person would pay for it. (these type of persons are far and few in between) and a lot of the general population will base the pricing on KBB and NADA.

We can sit here and piss and moan about how people are lowballers and whatever.......what it boils down to is....
YOU WILL NOT GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT INTO A VEHICLE! so price it accordingly.

Oh and...........

WELCOME TO MAUTOFIED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:44 am 

yea ppl low ball me too they say my truck is only kbb for 6000 that dont include the 3000 i have in the lift kit or the 3000 i have in the wheel and tire combo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 am 

is that lift kit brand new never been used? what about the wheels?

so your truck is kbb at 6000 but you have 6000 in aftermarket so your asking 12?

the lift is used, no longer worth 3k the wheels are used, no longer work 3k

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

"WELCOME TO MAUTOFIED"

Good job Slammed !!!! Just remember next time to scroll down at least half the page to REALLY get the point across !!

Back to the original topic ......... Low ballin is just part of the game, happens all the time, can't do anything about it, F#$%$@!*&%$G live with it !!!!!! You think your $hit is worth 12k when no one else does, so be it !! Think 12k is a good deal on it, time will tell. Even if it gets sold tomorrow, only 2 people will know what it goes for, buyer and seller. They can brag and say "See Biotches, I got 12k" but in the end, will anybody really F*&&^%#@$^G care ?!?!?! I won't ..................................................

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 pm 

Yea people now days think they can get all the money they put into a car back plus what the car is worth no offense but there people on here asking 15gs for car that maybe go for 4gs just because they have rims on them

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Yea I agree with you totally, mini trucks are very sensitive item on here for sale. It can get ridiculous on the price. ESPECIALLY if its a full size. We all understand it took a very long time to build. But people act like they invented the body drop or custom frame. Take a mazda for instance. 230xxxmi reg cab short bed on air, fresh body drop and needs body work and interior may have rims, freggin 6-8k and you go look at the dang thing and the body drop is lopsided. Not to mention the S-10's!!!!! :o :o :o God dang are they ever on here enough!!! Dont get me wrong, some look sick , but jeez! And they can range on here for 2-40K!!!!!! 40k for an s10!!!! What did that guy eat! :lol: :lol: I have actually seen a green one on here for 60k.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:10 pm 

3,000 for lift??? I think it falls more around 1800 area if not you got ripped!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:38 am 

or if they have fifty inch rims on them . Heres a low ball for ya i have solid gold turd
it started off as shit and i got a dollar genral can of gold paint and now i want 12.000
get effin real man its a beamer there a dime a dozen in florida

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:51 am 

now what pisses me off is people asking 12.000 for somthing that just has lights and some dumbass rims you wana see what 12 gs gets you in south florida i looked at a fully built turbo porche full role cage heres a link if you think iam lieing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche- ... 7692wt_958

so yeah you can kiss my ass for 12.000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am 

I have been looking to purchase a 92-95 civic hatch with the gsr motor or the SOHC motor but these kids on here think that the cars are worth there weight in GOLD. ALMOST ALL with the GSR swap dont have any paper work with the mileage that the motor had prior to the swap. But the body has 150to200k on them but they still want 6-8 grand for them. And alot them also CLAIM that the car has not been RIPPED on.....Come on we all know that if you do a motor swap from a SOHC to A DOHC you are gonna take that bitch out and see what she has got :lol:. I know i did when i did motor swaps. lol. And the same thing goes for turbo cars. I dont care what you got in to your car or what you THINK its worth. As soon as you take out those oh so EXPENSIVE after market parts and install them on your car they LOSE value INSTANTLY.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next