PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

thats not low balling thats a legit offer for the car dude is just dreaming

Post subject: Re: LOW BALLERS REALLY PISS ME OFF
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

And one more thing!!! If you do for some reason....really decide to sink like 10k in a car...SAVE THE FREAKING RECIEPTS!!!!!! I'm sick of hearing about the limited edition this, the "rebuilt" thats and new engine/tranny with no reciept. Listen, If im droppin cheese on a new engine....You better believe Ive got a reciept!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

wilsons71907 wrote:
And one more thing!!! If you do for some reason....really decide to sink like 10k in a car...SAVE THE FREAKING RECIEPTS!!!!!! I'm sick of hearing about the limited edition this, the "rebuilt" thats and new engine/tranny with no reciept. Listen, If im droppin cheese on a new engine....You better believe Ive got a reciept!

Agree !!! Dont know how many times I've heard " It has 9 Billion miles on it but the motor and trans only have 60k " !! There must be a $hit ton of wrecked cars in yards with only 60k on them, every one missing the drivetrain !!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

:lol: :lol: yea your right about the 60k on the (new motor) bit, ive got that same number alot in offers in the past, they must only except motors or tranny's with 60k at the boneyards now :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

I agree with the Lincoln Ls's being Overpriced. I compiled a list of the Top Ten overpriced vehicles on M-autofied, feel free to add some if i missed any.

1.) 1993 up Mazda Rx-7
2.) 1993 up Supra
3.) 1998-2002 F-Body TA or Z-28
4.) 1999-2004 Mustang Gt
5.) 2002 up Explorer
6.) Chevrolet S-10
7.) Acura Integra
8.) 2004 up Nissan 350z
9.) 1992-2004 Honda Civic
10.) Cadillac Cts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:40 pm 

Its shocking that people think prices should be set according to values of a STOCK vehicle. NADA or Kelly doesnt mean shit in the world of custom, modified or other than stock cars. If you want to pay for a stock vehicle than go shop on autotrader or craigslist. If you have a highly modded show piece then get it proffesionally appraised and price accordingly. People lowball because thay assume everyone is hard up in this economy and they want to offer a ridicoulous price, not everyone is jobless and/or homeless. I agree some people are crazy on prices, not everyone. Try standing in there shoes and add up the cost to duplicate what they are selling. See how some of you like it when you come pack to sell your shit. I also agree that people need receipts for everything to prove whats done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:05 pm 

yeah. thats custom vehicles. he has some rims, smoked lights and aftermarket headlights. and a system

none of that adds any value realistically.

he has nothing that would add 6k to the value of his car.

a stock car, with bolt ons that dont add value means the car is worth blue book.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

see my signature on a basis for selling a car on here...

KBB value 6k (based on Good Condition)
MODS - 2k in mods...price it at 30% = $600
Equal = $6600 + misc stuff = $7k which is a FAIR offer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 pm 

I wasnt talking about 1 specific car I was speaking in general terms. No matter what website, everyone thinks their a f ing expert. Its usually the people that barely have the skills to pump their own gas that comment on value of other peoples rides. Cut equals custom I know that thanx. By the way labor has value too and im not talking about headlites and rims. Go build your own vehicle and maybe could apreciate it more

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:14 am 

yeah well, your talking about in general, we are talking about this certain car.

and no, in most cases you cannot add the cost of labor to the value of a car. the last mini truck i built, i had 80+ hours of labor into perfecting the body,, shaving lines, laying the paint, laying out the graphics etc.

so instead of the 5800 i sold it for your saying i could have added labor into that? lets see. my day job pays 26 an hour.

so add $2080 in for my labor, its now a $7880 truck

ad in the time i had building the custom frame, the custom 4 link suspension, the interior i made by hand

well over 400+ hours into that thats $10,400 damn, my truck was worth 18280. i got ripped off!

thanks ill remember that logic,

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next