Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: I was wondering....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

So if I type up in the search column Next to the area that says vehicles. A specific model, for instance say ......Tacoma , you type it in, brings up listings of tacomas. But, if you look thru the listings you catch some that are the same. Not next to each other , but in that same search maybe a few cars down the list you see an ad exactly like the other. Now if you look at the bottom of those listings and it says , other listings by this user name. But theres nothing there. So it doesn't look like they posted twice and its under the same user name....How is that? Its not a bump is it? Because you'd think that the last listing would go away or something.....Ive just always wondered about it Ive seen it pretty often when I use the search engine. Figured Id ask. ;)

Post subject: Re: I was wondering....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would be happy to look into this for you. If you don't want to put someone on Front St. you can email the link to the ad directly to me at Patrick@mautofied.com and I will investigate.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:52 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I think its a Site Bug. If I do a Search like 25 Miles from my Zipcode, I see alot of the vehicles in the List in there twice, even my own sometimes, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:08 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

yea I do think it is a site bug. I just switched between pages on my search for a specific vehicle and it changed on me. sometimes it would be someones listing and when you switch back to the page that you just viewed it would be someone else's listing thats doubled on the page. I hope you know what I'm talking about just because its a little hard to explain without physically showing you. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Copy/Paste the web address on the search page that shows multiple ads for the same vehicle and I will look into it.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 pm 

I think it is because, sometimes if you search and click on an ad and look at it, then click back, it will refresh to search due to updates, and bumps and stuff. Not sure but it may be the reason, just my two cents.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]