Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: What is up with the idiotic offers??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:30 am 

I removed my ad today due to all the morons making stupid offers. I have been offered right at 12k cash for my truck but keep getting stupid offers like "hey will you trade for a stock 1999 ford f150 2wd". I even had one guy offer me a turbo civic with no engine..WTF. I will say I had a few offers for trade that were reasonable but the unreasonable offers out weighed them considerably. Is this normal on here? Ready to leave Mautofied but wanted to ask and see if this is normal on here. is there a way to filter them out?

Post subject: Re: What is up with the idiotic offers??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 am 

I think if you dont click the "possible trade" option then it wont allow anyone to try those offers. Now this also stops the good offers but if you type your desired trade options in your description then those good offers can reach you through messages.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I see you're new here so ..........

WELCOME TO MAUTOFIED !!!

Stupid offers are just part of the game here. Even if you post what you "would" trade for it won't help, most can read and can only look at pictures and point. :roll: :roll: Even being 1000 ++ miles apart doesn't help, It's just how it is here in our little slice of Heaven !! :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:08 pm 

your going to get alot and i mean alot of dumbass offers.i just tell them to piss off or give cash to boot.some people are just trying to get rid of their junk for something nicer.hand in there,weed past the crap and you will get what your looking for

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:04 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Stupid offers get to be put on blast in the Brawl Room. this is what i do. when your ad has SPECIFICALLY what you want out of the deal and some douche offers his Honda/S10 whatever to trade...then call them out on it for being stupid. LERN2READ imo.........

like when i had my dually up for sale. i get an email asking me to trade for a effing motor........WTF?!!? nowhere in my ad did i specify i would trade my clean dually for a effing motor.

what it boils down to about this site is that peoples mindset is always trying to come up on a deal. gone are the days of true buyers/traders/sellers of anything cool automotive. now you got kids joining up offering his beat up ricer/S10.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm 

^^What's worse is the truly believe that their S-10's / Ricers etc are GOLDEN.

And I def agree, trying to offer a motor for a complete nice truck is just plain STUPID!! I guess some think it's worth a shot to try but they just dont realize how dumb they look.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 pm 

Beyond the idiotic offers I am over with the morons that apparently have bought not built there rides and then think they know what they are talking about when they have apparently never even turned a wrench on it or probably anything at all. I am only 30 but where I grew up we built our trucks or whatever and if we sold or traded whatever we got we tore apart and did it how we wanted or fixed things. I have never bought a truck and just left alone you know. My bad I am just f-ing aggravated at stupid people!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:45 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

That or you drive sooo fregin far out of your way with cash in hand, get there and to your amazement the actual car you went to get or purchase is in more pieces than you can carry. Or just looks nothing like in the pictures. :evil:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]