Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 60 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Over priced junk...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:18 pm 

Some people are way to proud of there crap.. If you have a 98 chevy z71 with a lift and big tires with almost 300,000 miles ..sorry its not worth $10,000.. or the sellers that post there junk on here for 10-12 grand and have it on craigs list for 5k obo.. :twisted: well thats my thoughts anyway...

Post subject: Re: Over priced junk...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 pm 

THANK YOU! wish people would use , maybe, a LITTLE common sense. Guess thats hard to come by these days. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It might be over priced. But then again, its there vehicle, they have the right to ask whatever they want for it........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

a good indication of pricing should be based on the KBB value of said vehicle with a price difference for mods done.

but having mods done doesnt mean you can get what you put into it. another good rule of thumb for that kind of thing is price it at 30% on the cost of the mod.

Example:
2002 Escalade KBB value at Good Condition = $13,000
Rims (mod) [original cost $1000] = (rule of thumb cost)$300
Sound Sytem (audio/video etc) $3000 @ %30 = $900
Lowered 2/4 cost $1000 @ 30% = $300

these are just an example..so the selling price of vehicle is at $14,400 with the mods done to it....which is not too bad for an escalade. of course the price could be a bit more flexible.

One thing to remember is that YOU WILL NOT GET BACK BACK what you put into the vehicle mods wise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

but lets be realistic here most ppl on this site say they have like between 40-120 thousand in their cars. unless its been in a bunch of magazines how could u possibly dump that much money into like s-10's or honda civics i just believe that if u had that much money you woulndt buy those kinda cars ALSO your never gonna get what you put into your car so stop trying to asking for how much it costed to build it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

exaggeration is what people do. spending 40k-100k in modifications is ludicrous and probably someones delusions or grandeur.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:53 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

slammed that is by far the best thing i have seen on this site i think everyone should go by that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Buying a vehicle with mod's is one thing.... But what really gets under my skin is when stock vehicles are priced way over there value. I mean there is a way to figure out what your vehicle is worth and its not hard to do. And I'm sorry but an s-10 with 250k miles, 20s and a "re-built" engine is not worth 7 grand! The problem on this site is that if you actually price your stuff realisticlly then you get crappy trade offers. Like I had a guy try to offer me a civic with 240k miles for a benz suv! But it has a body kit, is what he told me!!!! I'm glad someone finally said something about this though, because it has had me ticked for months now! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm 

i know what you mean.. some one offerd me a f150 with faded paint.. told be it runs and drives great.. but 2nd gear was out.????? wtf!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

i mean i have nothing agaisnt mustangsa camaros cobras but lets be realistic i had some one offer me a 2001 mustang for 12500 for a trade on my dodge his car is completely stock nothing much dont to it besides yellow paint. the trade is is like barley 5 grand and the max like a car dealer would sell it for is like 8,000 like these stock mustangs ARE NOT WORTH 12 gradn lets be realistic

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 60 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next